Alababma Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alababma Creek

took the Bear kodiak magnum and went still hunting through several spots at alabama creek. I have to say im quite impressed for a Saturday during rifle season i figured id see alot more people. i found several camps that had quite a few vehicles but other then that i never ran into another hunter. seen some deer including a whopper of a buck just couldnt close the 50 yards between me and him. found lots of scrapes and long rub lines. ill be spending more time in there i really like it in there

Beautiful place. It's a hidden gem IMO. I hunted it a few times when I was at SFA back in the late 80's. Have fun. hope you get one with that KM !

Comment

Love me some bama creek. There are some big ones there!

Comment

Beautiful place but I had no luck, anyone have a good hunting story to share?

Comment

Just where is this place located? Is it a Draw hunt?

Comment

The only Bama Creek I'm aware of is in DCNF. Agree that it is a gem. The area I have been exploring had a prescribed burn at some point, and the underbrush is still very low, which makes it easy to see 100+ yards in otherwise fairly dense forest. I did not see any bucks this year but did see many does. I've always hunted the SHNF but after this year I will be focusing on Alabama Creek from now on. I just like that woods better.

We're headed up there this morning to scout the drop off and pick up points for an overnight canoe trip on the Neches. Will also get out and do some hiking for potential camping places. I guess youth season may still be going on, so we'll at least have orange hats on.

Comment

Working...
            X