Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finished making a surprise new toy for my uncle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished making a surprise new toy for my uncle.

I just finished making this new bow as a surprise for my uncle who lives in Durango, Co. He is the one person who got me into archery when I was 5 years old and he has guided me on a couple elk and mule deer hunts. On one of the hunts he gave me a 63# Bob Lee longbow that was given to him years ago when he helped guide Bob and Rob Lee on a hunt in Colorado. His shoulders due to an injury had gotten to where he could barely shoot it anymore. I have been looking at a way to repay him forever and when I started building longbows with a cousin of mine it hit me. I can repay him by building him a new bow in a weight that will be a lot easier on his shoulder. Tomorrow he will be in town visiting and I will get to give it to him. I also made him a dozen wood arrows to go with it. First time splicing feathers and they turned out pretty good. Here are the spec's for this build. 62" amo 43# @ 28". The riser is Cocobolo with southern red ceder for veneers, and maple for the core. The arrows are Douglas Fir from Surewood Shafts.

Comment

Wow!....on all accounts.

I live the lines and colors. Nice work!

Comment

That looks awesome. Is your uncle on TBH? If he is please TAKE it to him and don't put a box on his porch.

Comment

Beautiful craftsmanship.

Comment

very nice job,gotta love a great gift like that

Comment

Thanks no my uncle doesn't get on TBH. He will be here late tonight or early tomorrow morning visiting with us so I will get to give it to him in person. I am glad I get to give it to him in person but not the reason he is visiting. My other uncle (his brother) had a brain tumor removed not long ago and we just got the report that it is brain cancer. So his visit is bitter sweet. Glad I get to see him again but wish it was under different circumstances.

Comment

Wow that's nice

Comment

wow that is craftsmanship there.

Comment

Can we be cousins?

Comment

That is great! It will be perfect timing to bring a smile to his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                        Thanks no my uncle doesn't get on TBH. He will be here late tonight or early tomorrow morning visiting with us so I will get to give it to him in person. I am glad I get to give it to him in person but not the reason he is visiting. My other uncle (his brother) had a brain tumor removed not long ago and we just got the report that it is brain cancer. So his visit is bitter sweet. Glad I get to see him again but wish it was under different circumstances.
                        Sorry to hear.

Comment

WOW! She's a beauty

Your uncle will be very pleased with you

Comment

wow...that is a piece of art...beautiful!!!

Comment

Excellent!! That is a beautiful bow! Sorry to hear about your other Uncle, prayers up!

Comment

Working...
                              X