Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 11:25 PM   #51
.243 WSSM
Ten Point
 
.243 WSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metromess, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
With Hill running the offense, I think they drop games against the Pokes, Sooners and The Wiz with a couple to close to call against Arkansas and Texas.
See Trevone Boykin. Hill could follow suit
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2017, 11:36 PM   #52
.243 WSSM
Ten Point
 
.243 WSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metromess, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Defense will be a LOT bigger. A little bit thin at DE with Bowen out for the year.

OL will be drastically better. There will be a little more effort geared towards running the football, but in all reality it's going to come down to QB play(which my expectations are pretty low right now). If Hill can't get it done, that brings a true freshman into play and I think we all know how that will go.

Also, apparently the kicking problem has not been solved. Four freakin' kickers on campus and none of them are even average.

If Hill runs the offense, I think 9-3 is fairly accurate.
Man tough crowd for the purple people eaters.
A) Give Hill a chance. He could be the next Trevone. Everyone wanted to write him off and he ended up being the phenom of the big12.
B) If Hill can't get it done, give Shawn a chance. Frosh or not, the kid is a straight up athlete and you betta believe that Cumbie will make it as easy as possible for him to run the system. With the backfield depth, it is conceivable to have wins under the rookie. Shame on you for picking Pokes. I think you are man crushin on
Mike Gundy's mullato
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #53
.243 WSSM
Ten Point
 
.243 WSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metromess, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
I think Sumlin does not finish the season as head coach.
Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-02-2017, 11:49 PM   #54
.243 WSSM
Ten Point
 
.243 WSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metromess, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
What did he do this time?
Drinkin and actin a fool. Lesson learned is this- if you are a starting quarterback it's OK. It's a live and learn situation and Baker is a more humble being supposedly from the drunken nonsense in Fayetteville. But if you are a freshmen and haven't filled a roster spot, it's one and done. Double standard. Pretty sorry
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 06:08 AM   #55
texas shag
Ten Point
 
texas shag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Argyle
Hunt In: Cayuga, Childress, the Mountains
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season
I don't see les being a candidate honestly. I think the good old boy system will kick in, and big donor wills push for chad Morris to be brought in fromSMU since he is an Aggie grad. Could also see them going after fedora at UNC for the same reason.

I think both are marginal candidiates, but my gut feeling is one of those two would get the job.
texas shag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 07:42 AM   #56
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
See Trevone Boykin. Hill could follow suit
One was an electric athlete/HS QB that converted from one skill position to another and back, took his lumps and had an offense formed around his skill set...The other is a QB that makes too many mental errors and was part of a system in HS.

Last edited by Chad C; 08-03-2017 at 08:02 AM..
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 07:48 AM   #57
krisw
Pope & Young
 
krisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hughes Springs, TX
Hunt In: Cass County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season
Can Les really recruit though? His experience was recruiting the state of LA with no real competition. Most of the talented kids have every intention of staying in state. I don't imagine he gets a d1 coaching job anytime soon, because that was a mess when he left LSU. Plus, he has proven that he is unable to adapt to the changes in the college game.
krisw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 08:11 AM   #58
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
One was an electric athlete/HS QB that converted from one skill position to another and back, took his lumps and had an offense formed around his skill set...The other is a QB that makes too many mental errors and was part of a system in HS.
Don't forget he throws a spiral about 30% of the time
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #59
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Drinkin and actin a fool. Lesson learned is this- if you are a starting quarterback it's OK. It's a live and learn situation and Baker is a more humble being supposedly from the drunken nonsense in Fayetteville. But if you are a freshmen and haven't filled a roster spot, it's one and done. Double standard. Pretty sorry
This is about the third or fourth time the kid has been in trouble. He's only been there since January.
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 08:30 AM   #60
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Man tough crowd for the purple people eaters.
A) Give Hill a chance. He could be the next Trevone. Everyone wanted to write him off and he ended up being the phenom of the big12.
B) If Hill can't get it done, give Shawn a chance. Frosh or not, the kid is a straight up athlete and you betta believe that Cumbie will make it as easy as possible for him to run the system. With the backfield depth, it is conceivable to have wins under the rookie. Shame on you for picking Pokes. I think you are man crushin on
Mike Gundy's mullato
Hill is not the athlete Boykin was and dang sure doesnt have the mental awareness but I hope youre right. As far as Shawn goes I wish they would start him from the get go. Get him some early non-Conference experience. Chances are he is going to burn his red-shirt anyways if Hill plays like he did last year ( and the spring game gives high hopes of this) . Get the kid in now and let him take the lead.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #61
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season
Orgeron is going no where this year. As long as he has great assistants he is ok. CEO is the cheerleader and rah rah guy while the coordinators run the show.

Leslie inquires about jobs to fulfill his contract obligations. That way the buyout $$$ keeps rolling in. No one in the SEC wants that bafoon as a head coach.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 09:11 AM   #62
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

http://www.espn.com/college-football...nal-powers-top


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #63
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Orgeron is going no where this year. As long as he has great assistants he is ok. CEO is the cheerleader and rah rah guy while the coordinators run the show.

Leslie inquires about jobs to fulfill his contract obligations. That way the buyout $$$ keeps rolling in. No one in the SEC wants that bafoon as a head coach.
Why you think that about Orgeron? The guy is a local, his team loves him, and LSU has the talent and the fire lit under them to compete on a high level. Plus his recruiting was pretty good this year. The Tigers will be a final 4 team this year. Guice will win the heisman, and there are two top notch QBs waiting in the ranks to take over if Etling drops the ball. Add OC Matt Canada to the team and you better look out SEC.
Lots of folks sleeping on LSU
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #64
MarkV
Pope & Young
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Franklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season
Les does not stand a chance to be a head coach. His offensive plan was anemic and cant stand up in how football is played today. And Coach O is doing the opposite of running a circus in my opinion. He has arguably the best D coordinator in college football and an up and coming O coordinator that likes to change things up. I think LSU will put up the best numbers on offensive they have had in over a decade. I think they have a good chance of winning the SEC west with 1 loss and hopefully make the playoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
Why you think that about Orgeron? The guy is a local, his team loves him, and LSU has the talent and the fire lit under them to compete on a high level. Plus his recruiting was pretty good this year. The Tigers will be a final 4 team this year. Guice will win the heisman, and there are two top notch QBs waiting in the ranks to take over if Etling drops the ball. Add OC Matt Canada to the team and you better look out SEC.
Lots of folks sleeping on LSU

This x2!
MarkV is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #65
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
OU just dismissed their touted freshmen QB.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
What did he do this time?
He was drunk in public, mouthed off to the cops and then tried to scramble from them....

Oh wait, nevermind, that was their Sr QB

Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #66
BBReezen
Pope & Young
 
BBReezen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bullard, Tx
Hunt In: Motley, Cottle, Tyler, Jasper counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Tech is a wreck.... on the upside they can only exceed expectations
I read that even the King is in the hot seat this year especially with all of his common coaching changes. I always want tech to win but this year it's kinda bittersweet to hope we can do just bad enough to get a new coach. I'm sorry, Kliff was a good player for tech, I just don't think he is a good coach for us. Too much hype for being a former player and not enough delivering as a coach.

But, if they were to go 1-11 with a win in Austin, I can be a happy camper and Kilff might could get a pass from me to stay another year .

Last edited by BBReezen; 08-03-2017 at 10:40 AM..
BBReezen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 10:15 AM   #67
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
Why you think that about Orgeron? The guy is a local, his team loves him, and LSU has the talent and the fire lit under them to compete on a high level. Plus his recruiting was pretty good this year. The Tigers will be a final 4 team this year. Guice will win the heisman, and there are two top notch QBs waiting in the ranks to take over if Etling drops the ball. Add OC Matt Canada to the team and you better look out SEC.
Lots of folks sleeping on LSU
I am not saying CEO is bad. I love the guy. But, he has gone as far as saying he lets his coaches coach. Watch his pressers. He knows that in order to win in that conference you need great coaches under you. And, you need to let them do their job. That is why his coordinators make big bucks.

Recruiting and rah rah is what yaw yaw does best.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 10:23 AM   #68
txlongshot
Eight Point
 
txlongshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Mills county
Default

Weekly Hook em
txlongshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #69
RaginCagin
Ten Point
 
RaginCagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisiana
Hunt In: Louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
Why you think that about Orgeron? The guy is a local, his team loves him, and LSU has the talent and the fire lit under them to compete on a high level. Plus his recruiting was pretty good this year. The Tigers will be a final 4 team this year. Guice will win the heisman, and there are two top notch QBs waiting in the ranks to take over if Etling drops the ball. Add OC Matt Canada to the team and you better look out SEC.
Lots of folks sleeping on LSU
LSU is not a final 4 team this year Virtually no O Line at this point losing possibly their best linemen yesterday and several in the past few months. No depth if anyone gets hurt on the line. No standouts at WR right now, just moved the # 1 safety from last years recruiting class to WR this week. They should be decent this year but dont think they sniff the playoffs.
RaginCagin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:03 AM   #70
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
LSU is not a final 4 team this year Virtually no O Line at this point losing possibly their best linemen yesterday and several in the past few months. No depth if anyone gets hurt on the line. No standouts at WR right now, just moved the # 1 safety from last years recruiting class to WR this week. They should be decent this year but dont think they sniff the playoffs.
I did not see the news about Teuhema getting released from the program.

I did take this from Dandy Don Website-

• LSU’s starting five will likely feature three returning starters and four upperclassmen. That’s still a pretty solid group, no doubt. Where things get iffy is at the No. 2 spots, which will all be occupied by freshmen (if Campbell starts).
• The “wild card,” if you will, is sophomore Adrian Magee who came to LSU from Franklinton High as a four-star guard and ranked No. 7 on our list of Top LA Prospects for 2015. Magee is fresh off of a six-week suspension after being arrested for simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, charges that were recently dropped. Don’t be surprised to see Magee ascend the depth chart quickly now that he has been reinstated.
• If LSU’s O-line stays injury free, this unit will be okay. But if LSU has a game like last year’s against Mississippi State when every starting linemen besides Ethan Pocic left the field with an injury at one point or another, that could be disastrous. Remarkably, LSU navigated that situation wonderfully last year and ended up not allowing a single sack in the 23-20 win, thanks in large part to the versatility of Pocic and to Coach Jeff Grime’s cross-training.
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #71
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

First Coaches poll

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa...s-poll/2018/1/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:17 AM   #72
RaginCagin
Ten Point
 
RaginCagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisiana
Hunt In: Louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
I did not see the news about Teuhema getting released from the program.

I did take this from Dandy Don Website-

• LSU’s starting five will likely feature three returning starters and four upperclassmen. That’s still a pretty solid group, no doubt. Where things get iffy is at the No. 2 spots, which will all be occupied by freshmen (if Campbell starts).
• The “wild card,” if you will, is sophomore Adrian Magee who came to LSU from Franklinton High as a four-star guard and ranked No. 7 on our list of Top LA Prospects for 2015. Magee is fresh off of a six-week suspension after being arrested for simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, charges that were recently dropped. Don’t be surprised to see Magee ascend the depth chart quickly now that he has been reinstated.
• If LSU’s O-line stays injury free, this unit will be okay. But if LSU has a game like last year’s against Mississippi State when every starting linemen besides Ethan Pocic left the field with an injury at one point or another, that could be disastrous. Remarkably, LSU navigated that situation wonderfully last year and ended up not allowing a single sack in the 23-20 win, thanks in large part to the versatility of Pocic and to Coach Jeff Grime’s cross-training.
Starting 5 will be better than average but when your subs coming in are freshmen Bama, UF and Auburn will feast on that. Not to mention if one or two go down which will happen at some point and you are starting true freshmen. Just not sure how it got to this point with no depth on the OL.
RaginCagin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:17 AM   #73
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default 2017 Pre-Season CFB Thread

lol Texas at 23.... eventually if they keep ranking y'all preseason they are gonna finally get close.

No winning season since 2013, no problem good times

Looks kinda funny when every other team was 8,9,10 win teams then u got a 5 win on there... no 6 or 7 win teams last year lmao


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by EastTexasMan; 08-03-2017 at 11:33 AM..
EastTexasMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #74
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Agreed, they shouldn't be ranked. No clue what all those kooky coaches are thinking.
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #75
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Agreed, they shouldn't be ranked. No clue what all those kooky coaches are thinking.


After some games are won is one thing , but saying at the start of the season they are 23 is just ludicrous. Prove something first


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EastTexasMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #76
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
After some games are won is one thing , but saying at the start of the season they are 23 is just ludicrous. Prove something first


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep! Surprised ND wasn't in there as well.
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #77
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
Starting 5 will be better than average but when your subs coming in are freshmen Bama, UF and Auburn will feast on that. Not to mention if one or two go down which will happen at some point and you are starting true freshmen. Just not sure how it got to this point with no depth on the OL.
Best OL players left and thug linemen were recruited. Basically what put them in this situation.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:44 AM   #78
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Do you see the Mad Hatter as a possible replacement? I think he will be coaching soon somewhere and seems like the ideal fit there. The guy can recruit. Orgeron is runnin a circus down south now. Guy will be fired after a 5 win season
If Miles was such a good coach, then why was he passed over for the HC jobs at Houston, Purdue, Baylor, and Ole Miss ? He's fixing to be 64 yrs old, and his agent will demand a guaranteed 5 year contract, worth $5,000,000+ per year, and a buyout clause. Nobody wants to hire a stubborn coach, who refuses to change his 1960's offensive mentality, and cannot manage the clock. FYI - LSU is paying Miles $133,000 a month, for the next 6 yrs.

From 2013 until his firing in 2016, Miles record vs. the SECW was 10-10, and vs. all SEC teams 15-11. Great man that his players truly loved, but he underachieved miserably with the amount of talent LSU signed.

Regarding Orgeron, you have zero clue about what's going on in Baton Rouge. Please provide factual evidence (with credible links) about him "runnin a circus down south now".
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #79
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCagin View Post
Starting 5 will be better than average but when your subs coming in are freshmen Bama, UF and Auburn will feast on that. Not to mention if one or two go down which will happen at some point and you are starting true freshmen. Just not sure how it got to this point with no depth on the OL.
The same article went on to mention just that. There was too much depth for O linemen that several transferred last year because they were afraid they would not see the field. A handful of linemen got hurt against Miss State last year and the second string (this years starters) took over and did not allow one single sack. A couple went on and declared for the draft and that leaves them where they are now, short handed. But i am pretty confident in the guys that are there. They have a top notch OC and i trust the recruiting process that the talent that is there is worthy of seeing the field at some point or another.
This season will determin how the program fares in the next couple years. Its a fairly young team and these guys will be around for a couple seasons.

The offense, if given enough protection should be better than anything they have fielded in several years. Etling has improved greatly and there are two top QB prospects just waiting for their turn in Brennan and Narcisse.
One thing i dont like is another Jefferson is on the field. They have not fared well historically, lol. This Jefferson is a WR though and not a QB.

Fournett's little brother is on the roster as a RB as well.
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 11:58 AM   #80
BBReezen
Pope & Young
 
BBReezen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bullard, Tx
Hunt In: Motley, Cottle, Tyler, Jasper counties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
lol Texas at 23.... eventually if they keep ranking y'all preseason they are gonna finally get close.

No winning season since 2013, no problem good times

Looks kinda funny when every other team was 8,9,10 win teams then u got a 5 win on there... no 6 or 7 win teams last year lmao


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UT always seems to have some favoritism from the rankings...
BBReezen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #81
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Heck, Vegas is higher on Texas than the coaches.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #82
.243 WSSM
Ten Point
 
.243 WSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metromess, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
If Miles was such a good coach, then why was he passed over for the HC jobs at Houston, Purdue, Baylor, and Ole Miss ? He's fixing to be 64 yrs old, and his agent will demand a guaranteed 5 year contract, worth $5,000,000+ per year, and a buyout clause. Nobody wants to hire a stubborn coach, who refuses to change his 1960's offensive mentality, and cannot manage the clock. FYI - LSU is paying Miles $133,000 a month, for the next 6 yrs.

From 2013 until his firing in 2016, Miles record vs. the SECW was 10-10, and vs. all SEC teams 15-11. Great man that his players truly loved, but he underachieved miserably with the amount of talent LSU signed.

Regarding Orgeron, you have zero clue about what's going on in Baton Rouge. Please provide factual evidence (with credible links) about him "runnin a circus down south now".
Orgeron is losing top in state recruits. See tcu. Heck he even had to block transfer of a lineman that wanted to go to frogs. It's pretty bad when the kids don't even want to go to the school. When you have in state top recruits wanting to go to ft worth and not go to the bayou bengals then it's pretty obvious there is a disconnect there now. If you choose to ignore that and continue looking thru your beer goggles and think you are sitting pretty go ahead and laissez les bons temps rouler
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #83
.243 WSSM
Ten Point
 
.243 WSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metromess, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Heck, Vegas is higher on Texas than the coaches.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why was aTm absent from the poll? Congrats to Texas
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 01:56 PM   #84
krisw
Pope & Young
 
krisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hughes Springs, TX
Hunt In: Cass County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
After some games are won is one thing , but saying at the start of the season they are 23 is just ludicrous. Prove something first


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Preseason polls and polls until about week 5 are worthless. Beauty contests to make teams feel better about wins and losses and to help sell games.
krisw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 02:51 PM   #85
monsterspike
Six Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
If Miles was such a good coach, then why was he passed over for the HC jobs at Houston, Purdue, Baylor, and Ole Miss ? He's fixing to be 64 yrs old, and his agent will demand a guaranteed 5 year contract, worth $5,000,000+ per year, and a buyout clause. Nobody wants to hire a stubborn coach, who refuses to change his 1960's offensive mentality, and cannot manage the clock. FYI - LSU is paying Miles $133,000 a month, for the next 6 yrs.

From 2013 until his firing in 2016, Miles record vs. the SECW was 10-10, and vs. all SEC teams 15-11. Great man that his players truly loved, but he underachieved miserably with the amount of talent LSU signed.

Regarding Orgeron, you have zero clue about what's going on in Baton Rouge. Please provide factual evidence (with credible links) about him "runnin a circus down south now".
i mean nothing personal but 10-10 vs the SECw is a lot more impressive than 22-29 lifetime like "ed o" is.

he has had enough crazy calamities to garner raised eyebrows while pondering that he has the keys to a major program. but hey! he beat one of the programs that starts with an "A" now he just needs to overtake the other one.

as you might say, i dont have a clue and i dont but history has me betting on circus.
monsterspike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 02:52 PM   #86
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Orgeron is losing top in state recruits. See tcu. Heck he even had to block transfer of a lineman that wanted to go to frogs. It's pretty bad when the kids don't even want to go to the school. When you have in state top recruits wanting to go to ft worth and not go to the bayou bengals then it's pretty obvious there is a disconnect there now. If you choose to ignore that and continue looking thru your beer goggles and think you are sitting pretty go ahead and laissez les bons temps rouler
why don't you cite some specific players names and I'll gladly give you the skinny
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:42 PM   #87
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
why don't you cite some specific players names and I'll gladly give you the skinny
I don't have a dog in ya'lls spat but the blocking of Willie Allen's transfer to TCU was certainly not a good look.

Carry on.....
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #88
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Orgeron is losing top in state recruits. See tcu. Heck he even had to block transfer of a lineman that wanted to go to frogs. It's pretty bad when the kids don't even want to go to the school. When you have in state top recruits wanting to go to ft worth and not go to the bayou bengals then it's pretty obvious there is a disconnect there now. If you choose to ignore that and continue looking thru your beer goggles and think you are sitting pretty go ahead and laissez les bons temps rouler
Probably didn't have the chest for the SEC.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #89
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
The same article went on to mention just that. There was too much depth for O linemen that several transferred last year because they were afraid they would not see the field. A handful of linemen got hurt against Miss State last year and the second string (this years starters) took over and did not allow one single sack. A couple went on and declared for the draft and that leaves them where they are now, short handed. But i am pretty confident in the guys that are there. They have a top notch OC and i trust the recruiting process that the talent that is there is worthy of seeing the field at some point or another.
This season will determin how the program fares in the next couple years. Its a fairly young team and these guys will be around for a couple seasons.

The offense, if given enough protection should be better than anything they have fielded in several years. Etling has improved greatly and there are two top QB prospects just waiting for their turn in Brennan and Narcisse.
One thing i dont like is another Jefferson is on the field. They have not fared well historically, lol. This Jefferson is a WR though and not a QB.

Fournett's little brother is on the roster as a RB as well.
Jefferson #2 was a decent DB.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 03:54 PM   #90
monsterspike
Six Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
I don't have a dog in ya'lls spat but the blocking of Willie Allen's transfer to TCU was certainly not a good look.

Carry on.....
spite must still plague him. he tried to burn usc to the ground on his way out. the coaching fiasco at lsu spanned 3 years as handled by alleva. sold out on fisher and settled on ed o.

yeah, im a long way from sold on ed o, but i could be wrong. good luck.
monsterspike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #91
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
I don't have a dog in ya'lls spat but the blocking of Willie Allen's transfer to TCU was certainly not a good look.

Carry on.....
There is no love lost between the organization and Willie Allen. TCU tried pulling a fast one and recruited him before he was ever released from LSU, which Coach O took as a D move. It still looked bad blocking that transfer, but there were reasons for it.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20..._allen_is.html
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #92
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
There is no love lost between the organization and Willie Allen. TCU tried pulling a fast one and recruited him before he was ever released from LSU, which Coach O took as a D move. It still looked bad blocking that transfer, but there were reasons for it.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/20..._allen_is.html
It's just not true. First of all, there was no need to tamper since there was no doubt as to where he was going to go. Second of all, don't you think it would have been reported to NCAA if they were tampering? Lets be honest, it was a bull#$%^ move based on a made up reason because TCU was getting some guys from the boot and EdO was trying to prove a point. It doesn't matter either way, but the tampering argument doesn't hold water. Willie Allen will still end up in Fort Worth. For the record, I'm not rooting against YawYaw. He makes for good entertainment
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 04:47 PM   #93
Skinny
Pope & Young
 
Skinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Forestburg,Tx
Hunt In: Montague County
Default

Go Frogs!


Skinny
Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #94
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
I don't have a dog in ya'lls spat but the blocking of Willie Allen's transfer to TCU was certainly not a good look.

Carry on.....
Willie Allen was a 4* OT out of NOLA who signed with the 2016 class. He was injured before the season even started, was red-shirted, and had to have surgery on his foot. During the Spring 2017 football practice, Allen was moved to 3rd string LT after being passed up by a True FR and RS-So. Coach Orgeron told Willie to work his arse off, and he would get a shot at playing time this year. Allen was not happy with his position on the depth chart as he took it personal. There were rumblings out of BR that Allen was considering transferring.

Before being officially released from his scholarship at LSU, word got out that Allen had been in contact with a TCU staff member who was recruiting him to play in Ft Worth. This PO'd Orgeron since Allen was still legally bound to his LOI at LSU. Orgeron did not appreciate the "tampering" and blocked Allen's transfer to TCU. All Allen and the staff member had to do was wait 1-2 months until Allen was officially released from his scholarship at LSU.


edit ... I started my post at 4:00 and got called out for an emergency work accident. Finished typing my reply after getting back to the office. Hit send before realizing others had already replied to this subject. Thought about deleting my post since it's redundant , but decided to leave it up ... frick it , it's CFB and the season starts in < 30 days

.

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-03-2017 at 05:35 PM..
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #95
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
Willie Allen was a 4* OT out of NOLA who signed with the 2016 class. He was injured before the season even started, was red-shirted, and had to have surgery on his foot. During the Spring 2017 football practice, Allen was moved to 3rd string LT after being passed up by a True FR and RS-So. Coach Orgeron told Willie to work his arse off, and he would get a shot at playing time this year. Allen was not happy with his position on the depth chart as he took it personal. There were rumblings out of BR that Allen was considering transferring.

Before being officially released from his scholarship at LSU, word got out that Allen had been in contact with a TCU staff member who was recruiting him to play in Ft Worth. This PO'd Orgeron since Allen was still legally bound to his LOI at LSU. Orgeron did not appreciate the "tampering" and blocked Allen's transfer to TCU. All Allen and the staff member had to do was wait 1-2 months until Allen was officially released from his scholarship at LSU.

.
see above
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #96
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor
 
Cajun Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SW Louisiana
Hunt In: public & pvt land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
see above
see my edit ..... I'm a little slooooow at reading (my bad)

best of luck to your team this year brother

good thing about CFB , every team is undefeated until after Week 1
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 05:45 PM   #97
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBReezen View Post
I read that even the King is in the hot seat this year especially with all of his common coaching changes. I always want tech to win but this year it's kinda bittersweet to hope we can do just bad enough to get a new coach. I'm sorry, Kliff was a good player for tech, I just don't think he is a good coach for us. Too much hype for being a former player and not enough delivering as a coach.

But, if they were to go 1-11 with a win in Austin, I can be a happy camper and Kilff might could get a pass from me to stay another year .
His seat is more than hot, Hocutt all but said he has to win or they will change. Dang tough schedule he is facing too.

I honestly thing Kingsbury will win here if the fandom/admin are patient. He was elevated far too soon/quick, he wasn't ready. But he is a winner and has a winner's attitude and work ethic, he just doesent know how yet.

I do think Tech will have defense for the 1st time in almost a decade
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 06:02 PM   #98
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
see my edit ..... I'm a little slooooow at reading (my bad)

best of luck to your team this year brother

good thing about CFB , every team is undefeated until after Week 1
You too Mr.Blake! Come on September
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #99
.243 WSSM
Ten Point
 
.243 WSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metromess, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
If Miles was such a good coach, then why was he passed over for the HC jobs at Houston, Purdue, Baylor, and Ole Miss ? He's fixing to be 64 yrs old, and his agent will demand a guaranteed 5 year contract, worth $5,000,000+ per year, and a buyout clause. Nobody wants to hire a stubborn coach, who refuses to change his 1960's offensive mentality, and cannot manage the clock. FYI - LSU is paying Miles $133,000 a month, for the next 6 yrs.

From 2013 until his firing in 2016, Miles record vs. the SECW was 10-10, and vs. all SEC teams 15-11. Great man that his players truly loved, but he underachieved miserably with the amount of talent LSU signed.

Regarding Orgeron, you have zero clue about what's going on in Baton Rouge. Please provide factual evidence (with credible links) about him "runnin a circus down south now".
Don't take it personal. I was a little overboard with circus down south. My apologies. The simple fact is they are losing out on top in state talent. TCU is happy about, I'm sure your not. Justin Rogers, John Stephens, Eddie Smith, Hidari Ceaser, Derius Davis. This didn't happen with Les around. And thanks for Turpin. That was a big one that got away. The pipeline has opened and doesn't look like it's closing anytime soon. Good luck this season. I'm in your state a lot working and I know how big the bayou bengals are for everyone down there. Yall should be getting the premier recruits in state every year and it's not happening. Hope it turns around soon because each year is exponential
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #100
.243 WSSM
Ten Point
 
.243 WSSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Metromess, TX
Hunt In: Fannin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
see my edit ..... I'm a little slooooow at reading (my bad) !!!

best of luck to your team this year brother

good thing about CFB , every team is undefeated until after Week 1
Attached Images
 
.243 WSSM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com