No announcement yet.

Poacher shot my Stryker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa--that really makes me think about what I've always said-"Any dog that shows up under my feeder catches an arrow" -- no more.

Sorry for your loss--

Comment

I think the first step to healing from this is to forgive the young man who did this idiotic act, as hard as it may seem to do right now.
      Agreed. Nice to see some real Christian advice offered here.

Comment

That was tough to take in and read. My Lacy isn't nearly as good a dog as Stryker, but I know that bond well and it would take all my self control to not destroy someone who destroys that bond. I really hope the kid gets what's coming to him.

You mentioned the kid said he had played with Stryker before. That will hurt his "coming at him" story. Even if he was moving toward him, it would be to greet someone he's played with, and the kid would know that.

Comment

I was sorry to hear of this when it happened. I know there is nothing anyone can say or do to help....my heart goes out to you, and I hope you can heal, even though you can never forget.

Comment

Tears streaming down my face as I read this. I feel your pain as I feel the same way about my fur-children. I can understand some people not being dog people but I just don't understand the way some folks don't have a problem with shooting a harmless dog, or cat for that matter. You obviously have very many good memories of Stryker so cherish those forever!

Donnie

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
              Whoa--that really makes me think about what I've always said-"Any dog that shows up under my feeder catches an arrow" ...
              I don't want to start an argument on this thread, but I have often thought about this when a dog thread shows up on the green screen. You may ultimately have to do what you have to do, but I would hope that we would at least pause to think about what we might be doing rather than "SSS" (with maximum machismo of course) because a dog messed up our day. It may or may not be a dog that is very important to someone. Completely different situation here, but I hope it opens some eyes.

DB- So sorry to hear of your loss.

Comment

As promised here's a few of my favorite pictures. Pistol already posted one.

Comment

He loved to retrieve as much as any lab. and he loved the water.

Here's a short video of him. This really shows how much he loved life and how much fun he was.
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPI-03xH2Qw"]Get in the water! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

He was a human with four legs. He would talk back when he got in trouble or when my husband would yell at him to go get in his bed. He would trot a few feet away and back talk to Steve. Steve would say go on! Stryker would trot a few more feet and bark and then haul but to his bed. He had to have the last word.

Comment

Here's what he was really good at and why I need him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWCC--PZcgI"]Texas Blue Lacy gathering cows - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Wow, he could manage a cattle drive all by himself, that is awesome. Sorry for your loss!

Comment

And for those of you who are hung up on Jr.'s statement that Stryker went at him. The devil is in the details.

We could clearly hear the bell and he was only 60-75 yards from us. If you've ever heard a tracking bell you know you can clearly hear it from

Jr. said Stryker came down the trail straight toward him and when he moved, Stryker stopped and "huffed". We asked, "Huffed? Did he bark or growl?" "No. Huffed. And when he jumped that's when I shot him."

Jr. said Stryker was 20-30 feet from him and not moving. Jr. was hiding in the brush and when he startled Stryker, it scared him. Jr. even said he startled him.

Another detail - Stryker was on a trail that was 50 yards long before it turned 90 degrees left and right due to the brush that Jr. was hiding in. Jr. had Stryker in his rifle sight for almost 50 yards. Chances are, Stryker never even saw him.

Pistol saw the area and she agrees.

So, I beg to question -- how can that be interpreted as attacking? The deputy, Mike, agrees with me.

Comment

Awesome videos Tracey. What a great companion.

Comment

Looked like a great dog. The videos you posted were awesome. I can tell he was a well trained dog. You put a lot of love and time into that pup. Sorry for your loss.

Originally posted by mikeb1206 View Post
                              The young man was in the wrong once he started hunting in a place without permission and it spiraled down from there. If he had not been there none of this would have happened.
                              ^^^^^ Yep agree 100%

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Hit him his parents hard with all you can legally throw at them. Parents should have raised the kid better than that.
                              My parents are good Christian folks and raised me well, but I did quite a few things growing up that had nothing to do with how they raised me. It was me being foolish and hard headed. Leave the parents out of this unless they are just trash. The guy is 17 years old and he made the decision to break the law not the parents..

Comment

Originally posted by ckuehl View Post
                                ... Leave the parents out of this unless they are just trash. The guy is 17 years old and he made the decision to break the law not the parents..
                                Agreed. The parents and siblings are good people. Every apple tree will drop a rotten one every once in a while.

Why would I want to drag out the pain with a civil trial? These people don't have anything and they cannot offer anything that will fill the hole in my heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X