Hagerman Proficiency at Mesquite Archery Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagerman Proficiency at Mesquite Archery Club

If you need a place to take your Hagerman Proficiency test for the 2015 season we can do it at our Tuesday night shoots.

The following is from US Fish and Wildlife: Hagerman NWR

Proficiency Requirements for Archery Hunting: Successful completion of a proficiency test, dated May 1, 2013 or later, with a score of 80% or more is required. The test must be taken on a standard IBO course (10-8-5-0 scoring) with no target more than 30 yards and a minimum of 14 targets. A tournament scorecard, signed by a tournament range officer, will suffice as proof of proficiency.

We shoot every Tuesday night and the shoot fee for non-members is $10. Just let us know when you register that you are there to qualify for Hagerman and an officer will walk you through it and get you taken care of.

Please remember score cards and permit fees are due no later than July 15th.

Thanks for doing this

Comment

No problem Perow we are glad to do it. Hunting season can't get here fast enough.

Comment

MAC is awesome

Comment

Thanks huntmaster it was good talking with you at the turning point last weekend.

Comment

I think this is the updated info on the qualifications.

Schedule and pass a proficiency test. Successful completion requires a score of 80% or higher dated May 1, 2015 or later. The test must be taken on a standard archery test course (10-8-5-0 scoring) with a minimum of 14 targets and no target more than 30 yards. A tournament scorecard signed by a tournament range officer will serve as proof of proficiency.

Not much difference except the year and they took out the IBO.

Comment

Thanks rossivey for the update. The date caught my eye too but it was a copy and paste from their website. It must have been an old link.

Comment

Probably was. Not a problem. Happy to help. Plus it's a reminder to get my qualifier done.

Comment

What time does the Tuesday night shoot start?

Comment

Hobbs, we usually have someone there with the gate open by 5:00 and the practice range will be available at that time.

By 5:30 or 6:00 we will have a few more officers there and one can walk you through the course and certify your score.

So you can start anytime after that and as late as we have light to shoot. Congratulations on getting drawn!

Comment

The forecast is looking good for this Tuesday so come on out and get it done!

Comment

The course is a little muddy in places after the recent rains. No big problems but some rubber boots would be a good idea this week.

Comment

I will try to make it this evening.

Comment

Just a reminder that the 15th is the deadline for submissions. Tuesday night will be the last chance to qualify if you have not already. Good luck this season I hope to hear some success stories.

Comment

Working...
                            X