public hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

public hunts

public land hunts? this is a new one for me. but i am looking into it now that i am building a new house and i wont have any money to get on at the lease,ARE THER ANY PUBLIC HUNTS THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO BE DRAWN FOR? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECCIATED!I CANT GO ALL YEAR WITHOUT MY HUNTIN FIX!AND I WOULD HATE TO TELL MY WIFE SHE CANT HAVE HER HARDWOOD FLOOR CAUSE IM GOING HUNTING

look up public hunting on TPWD web site there are public lands out there that you can pay $48.00 for the Annual Hunting Permit and that will allow you access to over 1 million acres of public hunting...Good Luck on your quest.....Brian

Comment

Type II at Davey Crockett and east texas isnt bad at all, I used to hunt there as a kid and there are some nice deer..specially in them boggy bottoms

Comment

The laguna atascosa national wildlife refuge. 50$ for a week of bow hunting. Cameron county texas. Just north of port isabel texas. Or Lake Amistad purchase a hunting permit and you can bow hunt october through January..

Comment

take a look at the book for type II lands near you. there is FREE hunting by texakana's wight-patmen lake.24000 acres with good solid trails all around it. it even has a section for atv's but you have to draw for that. i've killed many critters out there. i also hunted the forest on the north side of sam rayburn. once again,free hunting area.area looked good and i saw deer but it was out of my range to really make a go of it. the $48 public hunting permit really isn't that bad of a deal,check out all your available spots and you might go with it.

Comment

thank y' all for the help!

Comment

More

Sam Houston Nat'l Forrest in east Texas is free and where I got my 1st deer.

Comment

Working...
              X