Shot a Helim, Rampage, and Brute today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a Helim, Rampage, and Brute today

I had some time to kill today, so I stopped by Archery Country in Austin. Mike, who is a heck of a nice guy, came up to wait on me. I informed him that I wasn't buying today, but interested in shooting a few bows. Told him about my bows, Mighty Mite and Guardian, and how much I love the quietness and dead feel of my Guardian. He offered to set up a few so I could try them out. All bows were 27" draw and 60lbs, loop, WB rest and I used the same arrow for all. The Helim was nice, real nice. Very light and pretty dead in the hand, but not quite as quiet as my Guardian, I dont think. It was also pretty dead in the hand and a real nice draw, but don't creep any or it's going. The Rampage really surprised me because it rivaled the Helim in all aspects with just a bit harsher draw right before it fell into the valley. It had the Fuel cams. The Brute was a little heavy and a bit noisier with a real nice draw cycle. I shot all 3 bows about a dozen times and just don't know if I can justify spending money to get a bow that I don't feel is much, if any, better than what I have. If money was not an issue, I probably would've walked out with the Helim. Not brand loyal here, and I'm not trying to slam any of the mentioned bows. I feel the technology is awesome and all bows are very nice. I will get a new bow some day and, heck, if somebody wanted to trade a Helim for my bows, I just might. Just an observation. God Bless, Tim

Well. I got home today and had to put my mind at ease. I got my Guardian out, found the lightest arrow I could find of 322grn, took off my stabilizer and set my target up in my shop. Doors closed, hotter than heck, closed my eyes and listened when I shot. I have cat whiskers and a peep only on my string, the other bows had stops and little silencers on the strings. I have to say that my bow is quieter than these. Not biased, but I will have to shoot them side by side to be sure. The only noise my bow makes is a little string flutter and I have a stop coming for that. I can't see me buying a new bow anytime soon. They sure are nice though,,,,,

Comment

Tim it was good meeting you today. And you’re doing the right thing, shoot bows, different makes and models. Only you know what you like. Never let your buddies, TV commercials or some guy at a shop tell you which one is the best. Only You can decide which one is right for you. Stop by any time and shoot whatever we got.

Luckie

Comment

Luckie, you made my experience there great. I enjoyed meeting you too and will bring my business to you from now on. Thank you for the wonderful service. That is hard to find now a days. I'm still thinking on it. My Guardian and that Helim are neck and neck, with the H being a good bit lighter. If I decide on a new bow, I know where I'm going. Again, thanks a bunch.

Comment

Speed tends to make a little noise.

Comment

Try a z7 xtreme next time. I prefer it over the helim

Comment

Starting tomorrow, anyone that buys a Mathew before Sept 22nd is entered for a chance to win a new Mathews every year for 5 years!

Comment

I just picked up a Brute X myself. I've shot Matthews bows and they are SWEET! But I don't believe there is better bow, dollar for dollar than the Brute X. At $500 in a rigged out ready to shoot package, it outperforms many bows that cost twice as much.

Just my .02

Don

Comment

cant go wrong with the Rampage xt

Comment

Working...
                  X