this little piggie goes to the dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this little piggie goes to the dirt

Well, I finally got an opportunity to get out to my place in Rocksprings and break in my blind that I built (in the DIY section).

Friday evening I sat out until dark and saw two does and two young bucks with big spikes.

Saturday morning I got back out in the stand about 15 minutes before sunrise. About five minutes after I got in and was getting settled and opening my blind windows I saw a doe coming out of the tree line but she stopped behind a cedar and I couldn't see her. I took that opportunity to open the rest of my blind windows and settle into position. I waited for about five minutes and still no sign of her then all of a sudden out of the opposite direction in comes a good sized sow (130-160 lbs) with about 8-10 smaller pigs to the feeder.

I got my bow out and was going to go for the big mama but it was still too dark and I was having problems seeing through my peep (think I need to do something about this). I let them lill around for a couple of minutes but all of a sudden mama figured something wasn't right and bolts just out of sight on the other side of the cedars and starts snorting.

I relaized that my feeder is going to go off real soon and that mama might be leaving and taking the rest with her so I decided to take what I could to downsize this group by one. I had three pigs left in sight and so I aimed on the one that wasn't totally obstructed.

I let loose with my arrow and watched that Nocturnal fly through the air and right into my little friend and bounce on the ground and sklid to a halt in fron of a cedar on the far side of the feeder. Three little piggies went a running.

Unfortunately the pig turned just as I was shooting, so the shot ended up going a little farther back than desired--but I recovered him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00191.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	24865930
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pigggie 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	24865931
    not great photo--but pretty good for sitting on a rock with a fast timer!!

thats a good little eater right there, nice work

Comment

Rock on ! congrats on the meat pig ! perfect for the grill.... I love shooting those smaller and MUCH easier to load pigs !

Comment

Great job.....Congrats!

Comment

good job.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Good eating

Comment

Congrats on the pig awesome

Comment

Perfect size!

Comment

congrats!!!inject that baby with some liquid crab boil and bbq it up...

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats on the griller!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Kill them young, they never breed. Good hunt.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X