question to the roofing guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question to the roofing guys

why is it that every ***x guy that wants to give you a quote ask to see your insurance declaration ? what a crock of sxxt !! what happened to giving you a liget quote and not trying to scam your insurance company ? why would the quote be any different if you needed an roof replaced without insurance ? and don`t give me the '' we want to get the most out of your insurance co. for you'' there are some of us still out here that can handle or own affairs.

Because we are in business just like every thing else. If you're selling your car and someone offers 12k why would you take 9k for it? Same thing with insurance. If they're offering 12k for your roof, why go for the 9k? Some companies legitamately do go above and beyond. Don't just lump them together. And no I'm not trying to push my company, just giving you my 2 cents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

There you go, thats why it's none of their business, why pay $12k for a $9k car, boat and roof.....

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
        Because we are in business just like every thing else. If you're selling your car and someone offers 12k why would you take 9k for it? Same thing with insurance. If they're offering 12k for your roof, why go for the 9k? Some companies legitamately do go above and beyond. Don't just lump them together. And no I'm not trying to push my company, just giving you my 2 cents.

I'm not in the business but wouldn't a higher insurance claim ultimately lead to higher insurance premiums? If you price a roof at $9K it seems the ones who get hit with the $3K difference in the end are all the policy holders who's premiums increase to cover the added cost of the claim. Insurance companies sure as heck aren't going to take the hit.

Comment

For the record, we use the same exact system insurance does so theoretically if we put everything in the same and neither us nor insurance miss something our numbers would be exact.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
            I'm not in the business but wouldn't a higher insurance claim ultimately lead to higher insurance premiums? If you price a roof at $9K it seems the ones who get hit with the $3K difference in the end are all the policy holders who's premiums increase to cover the added cost of the claim. Insurance companies sure as heck aren't going to take the hit.
            Insurance premiums go up no matter what. That's a large misconception. If your area gets hit with hail and your neighbors all file a claim and you don't, its still going up. Harvey hit, insurance went up in areas that were not affected nor filed claims.

Comment

Insurance premiums go up no matter what. That's a large misconception. If your area gets hit with hail and your neighbors all file a claim and you don't, its still going up. Harvey hit, insurance went up in areas that were not affected nor filed claims.

I know this, which is part of the problem. If me and all my neighbors file claims for $12K in stead of $9K then my premiums will increase by a greater factor then they would if we only filed a $9K claim. That's the point I was making, which is why I stated it would be spread across all policy holders, not just claimants.

Comment

If you notice a huge jump in premium after you get a roof replaced, shop around. All insurance companies drool over new roofs that they didn't replace. Essentially you can save money on your premium if you do it right

Comment

For the record, we use the same exact system insurance does so theoretically if we put everything in the same and neither us nor insurance miss something our numbers would be exact.

I think this answers the OPs question. You Don't need it. You have your own system that should get you to the same number so you really don't need to see the policy. (If I'm understanding that correctly)

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                    I think this answers the OPs question. You Don't need it. You have your own system that should get you to the same number so you really don't need to see the policy. (If I'm understanding that correctly)
                    Yes. Though, 99% of the time we work strictly off the adjusters report (not policy) and pin any supplements on them.

Comment

I understand that your in business like everything else . But when I ask for a quote to replace my roof I'm not asking for a meadator, counsel, or negotiations rep. to my insurance company. and if they offered 12k for the roof and I choose a 9k roof or the outher way around offer 9k and I choose a 12k roof why is that any business of the roofing company ? and again the question of is the quote any different for a non insurance job as opposed to a insurance job ? and if I wrecked my car and the insurance company gave me 12k for it and I chose to buy a car for 9k or the outher way around would that be the car dealers business ??

Comment

If you are tring to save your insurance co $ there is nothing wrong w not showing the contractor the spread sheet.Just go get 3 estimates and turn them in and enjoy spending your time and effort working for them for free.
                        If you are trying to save yourself some time $ and headaches,find a reputable local contractor and let them do their job.Show them you spreadsheet and enjoy your time saved getting estimates.There are many things an experienced contractor can do to make your restoration project less costly (to you)and completed in a professional manner if you include them in going over your spread sheet.Pm me if you would like to discuss w me.

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                          I understand that your in business like everything else . But when I ask for a quote to replace my roof I'm not asking for a meadator, counsel, or negotiations rep. to my insurance company. and if they offered 12k for the roof and I choose a 9k roof or the outher way around offer 9k and I choose a 12k roof why is that any business of the roofing company ? and again the question of is the quote any different for a non insurance job as opposed to a insurance job ? and if I wrecked my car and the insurance company gave me 12k for it and I chose to buy a car for 9k or the outher way around would that be the car dealers business ??
                          As a company, our price will match insurance price no matter if it's an insurance job, or a cash job. We do not pride ourselves on being the cheapest company and we do not get into the bidding war. Each of our houses get the exact same treatment and benefits. Basically what I'm saying is not every company is equal. Some just want the 12k and some earn the 12k. Do your own independent research no matter what.

Comment

If insurance allows $12K and you get it done for $9K technically you are not allowed to keep additional $3k.

Same as companies that say they will cover your deductible.

I know both of these happen all the time, just don't get caught unless you like to deal with insurance fraud.

Maybe someone else with much more knowledge than me will chime in.

Comment

you guys are missing my point . if you offer a product /service for sale it should have a price on it regardless of how its paid for . if I like it I buy it if not I move on . why is that so hard ?

Comment

Working...
                              X