2x7 scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2x7 scopes

How many of you guys run these while guarding a feeder or culling deer. Out to 250 do ever wish u had a little more?

Not 2x7 but I have a few 2.5x8’s I use quite often never really felt like I needed any more magnification hunting.

Comment

I've been a zoom in on the head gear and make the deers not an 8 point then shooting around 7 or 8 power. I'll just try it and see this year.

Comment

i have used a 2x out to 379 yards,,,

Comment

Have several 2X7 scopes. Most of the time they get used inside 300 yards but have stretched to 400 with them. The 7mm-08 Remington 788 has worn 2 different scopes since 1982 and those are 2X7s.

Comment

I have a couple low mag scopes and they're great for walking around, quick shots, decreasing weight for an all day carry gun. If in sitting in a stand and may be streching shots im not worried about weight I want magnification but maybe I'm just a bad shot lol

Comment

Never had a problem with any of mine.

Comment

I have a leupold vx-3i 2.5-8x36 that I shot this weekend side by side with my Meopta 3.5-10x44. At 400 yds and under there's not much difference in trying to hit an 8" plate.

Comment

I have a 2-7 on a 22 mag.

Comment

I had one on my lever gun for years. It served me well. The only reason I replaced it, was because it belonged to my Dad, and he was kind enough to loan it to me.

I replaced it with a fixed 6X.

No problem with shooting a lower magnification a little longer distance. A few weekends ago, I shot a medium sized boar at 300 and a small coyote at 310 with another rifle that has a fixed 6x on it. Both dropped in their tracks.

Comment

I had a 2x7 Burris laying around that I just put on my new pig gun I put together. Works real well on running pigs at night, yet has enough magnification for calling coyotes out to 250 or so as well. Pretty good magnification range for an AR in my opinion, very versatile. Light and fast, works good.

Comment

Have a Burris 2-7x35 on my 35 Remington and really like it

Comment

Never had a problem with mine on my 30-06.

Comment

Working...
                          X