Puerto Rico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Rico

My wife works for the US Postal Service delivering mail and has an opportunity to go to Puerto Rico for 30 days and deliver the mail. The only catch is that she has to have a place to stay down there before it is approved for her to go. If she gets to go, she is going to use the opportunity to spread the Gospel in Puerto Rico. Does anybody have any contacts that may can help with finding a place to stay, such as with a missionary family or a preachers family, etc. She is willing to pay rent or whatever.

With only 15% electric service restored that would be a rough 30 days. We just cancelled a cruise from there set for April.

Comment

You're correct about it being rough but she can handle it. She has done stuff like this before.

Comment

Puerto Rico was bad juju before the hurricane! I know had to work there for 3 years

Comment

Pretty sure Puerto Rico is mostly christian already.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
            Pretty sure Puerto Rico is mostly christian already.
            I understand the thinking on that but there are lost souls everywhere, even in Christian churches and pulpits.

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
              I understand the thinking on that but there are lost souls everywhere, even in Christian churches and pulpits.
              I like this...best of luck.

Comment

I have family in the town of Cayey. It is an hour outside of San Juan. Depending on where she will be working I have contacts in the community. I am not sure if I can give you an faith based contacts, but glad to help if I can. Let me know where she will be based and I will see what I can find out.

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                  I have family in the town of Cayey. It is an hour outside of San Juan. Depending on where she will be working I have contacts in the community. I am not sure if I can give you an faith based contacts, but glad to help if I can. Let me know where she will be based and I will see what I can find out.
                  Thank you. I will let you know as soon as possible. Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                    Puerto Rico was bad juju before the hurricane! I know had to work there for 3 years
                    I spent 4 years working there in the early 70s......a great place to be from...high crime,dope and not friendly to the continental people.

Comment

Working...
                    X