Re-badging the F-150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-badging the F-150

I decided to take a few badges off and plasti dip a couple.

First I am going to take off the ecoboost decals from the doors. Then Plasti dip the fender decals. If i dont like the way the plasti dip turns out I'm just going to get replacement ones that I like.

Lastly the Ford emblems on the front and back will just be black but I ordered the wrong ones so they won't be done today.

This is before.
    Attached Files

Following. Thinking about doing the same to mine. I didnt know how well it would hold up to a carwash though. I eventually want all of the chrome gone. Here is what I did to the grill and tailgate emblems...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      Following. Thinking about doing the same to mine. I didnt know how well it would hold up to a carwash though. I eventually want all of the chrome gone. Here is what I did to the grill and tailgate emblems...

Haha what's funny is your thread with these is what finally got me motivated to do it. I have really been considering going with these instead.

Comment

I got the ecoboost tag off and the first coat on the fender badge.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
          Haha what's funny is your thread with these is what finally got me motivated to do it. I have really been considering going with these instead.
          That's funny. I'm curious how mine hold up to carwashes as well. I've been nervous to pull the other badging off to plastidip them. Are you going to leave them on and do it or remove them?

Comment

That's funny. I'm curious how mine hold up to carwashes as well. I've been nervous to pull the other badging off to plastidip them. Are you going to leave them on and do it or remove them?
            I left them on. Everything i read and saw said the plasti dip will peel off the metal pretty easy

Comment

Oh ok. I saw the other pic after I posted.

Comment

Oh ok. I saw the other pic after I posted.
                I'll update when I get the last coat on and try to peel it off. I'm gonna do 4 coats.

Comment

Those are nice

Comment

Make sure that you rub a little wax on the spots that you took off the old badges. you will thank me later!

Comment

If these are the 3M then I have the same but in camo on my truck, been holding strong for 3yrs now without any sign of deterioration.

Comment

I got the ecoboost tag off and the first coat on the fender badge.
                        Ummm...maybe a dumb question but did you spray paint the fender badge without covering the paint on the fender itself?

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                          Make sure that you rub a little wax on the spots that you took off the old badges. you will thank me later!
                          Is there a reason for it? I was going to wash it to get the goo gone off then wax it.

Comment

I'll update when I get the last coat on and try to peel it off. I'm gonna do 4 coats.
                            I think it's gonna look good. I like the blacked out badging. I'm in for the end result.

Comment

Originally posted by rcm719 View Post
                              Ummm...maybe a dumb question but did you spray paint the fender badge without covering the paint on the fender itself?
                              Yep. Haha I was a little nervous but supposedly this stuff keeps off fairly easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X