New Old Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Old Toy

I added a little history to my working camera collection. This old school Canon A1 was the first 35mm SLR camera that offered microprocessor controlled exposure programming. The detail on this camera is unbelievable and I'm looking forward to a little classic B&W film shots.

I'm just glad the lens has been protected with a lens filter. It's on now and as you can see, it's been through a little neglect but the 50mm glass is perfect. I have a 300mm FD lens to go with this guy...just have to find it. LOL!

To add a classic touch to the old Canon A1 madness, I added a classic German made Bilora Biloret tripod with brass extension legs to hold.

Showing that age now Rob

Comment

LOL Will - yup!!

There are a few that still use this camera that shoot film and the sharpness and colors captured with these lenses is pretty tough to beat. My thought is landscape work should be pretty darn cool. The focusing detail on this camera is unbelievable and it's a well built machine...very well built.

Comment

Rob,
        Run get some Velvia or similar and bang off a few frames to show us what it can do! I've been thinking of doing the same with my "old" Canon Elan. Throw my better lenses on it and some good film and see what happens.

I know personally I've learned a lot in the digital age. I may have to see if I can do the same thing with the "handicap" of using film!!

Comment

Velvia 100 it will be Casey!

The joy is, I can shoot the DSLR first, dial things in and then swing the film setup for effect. Should be interesting indeed and looking forward to some ELAN stuff from you.

Comment

You have a scanner? I will see if I can run down some film and do this. My wife won't be back until Monday and she has my new 70-200 f2.8 L IS as I sent the original back with her on her trip to NY for B&H to exchange. When I get my hands on the new lens, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Those A-1's are cool cameras. My brother used to shoot one back in the day and had the motor drive attached.

That dude would really sing.

Comment

Memory lane.

Looking at a Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner - 6400 x 9600 DPI @ 48-Bit and USB 2.0 interface to swing preliminary review work. I know it's not high-end professional grade but it's good enough for cull work. If I manage a couple of keepers, then I will lean on an outsource with the high end stuff.

God bless software though....I bet I can get some decent stuff with that resolution and come out with some ok digital stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X