If I could please get a prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could please get a prayer

I just found out before leaving work today that my cousin KenDavid has been sent home for Hospice care. Wednesday the doc determined that there is nothing left to do or try at this point so Ken is home waiting on his next journey.

We grew up together in the summers. Me and my family had it kinda rough and my Mom would take me to my Aunt and Uncle's in Ft Worth for long spells in the summer while school was out. Me and KenDavid would fish for crawdads with a string and a wiener or catch pollywogs. Play army men in the tree fort in his backyard or ride bikes all over Ft Worth. We would go over to the golf course and sneak into the water hazards and dunk for golf balls and resale them to the pro shop. They didn't mind at all till we got smart and started selling them to the golfers in the parking lot...
    Once I got there and KenDavid was gone so I climbed into the tree fort and waited on him. As I leaned against the wall the **** thing fell out of the tree!! lol It was a big mulberry and had to be 100' up too!! Remember I was maybe 10...
    As we got older spent several summers at the trails at WBAP off of 820 and ride his dirt bike jumping hills and getting all banged up. Man those were the days. His old Barracuda was fun. Burning rubber all over that side of town. Just remembered that car catching fire..
    My best recollection from those early days was helping Ken throw his paper route. Part of his area was commercial and the donut shop always had a donuts out for us to eat as we rolled papers. We headed out and as we approached the funeral home I said I would take the paper in. No biggie. I opened the giant dbl front doors and entered the building and proceeded to throw the paper on the desk in the corner. As the paper hit the desk someone from behind the desk who was sleeping jumped up screaming!! Yep, I tore outta there screaming like a school girl. Never threw that one again...
    Please excuse the long read but I feel I'm getting ready to lose a large part of my life.

Thanks

Prayers sent for you bro

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

You got it Mike. I pray his final days are pain free and that he and the family find peace.

Comment

Prayers sent sir....

Comment

Up

Comment

sorry to hear this Mike! Hang in there and pray that all can go as well as expected. See ya in 3 weeks!

Comment

Prayers sent. God bless

Comment

Prayers. I also pray that he will take those memories to heaven with him.

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent, Mike.

Comment

So sorry.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Mike. But as you have stated, you have great memories, and that will never change. Praying for you bro!

Comment

Working...
                              X