Working on a novel - need your review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on a novel - need your review

I used to read to my older daughters when they were young, Tolkien, C S Lewis, fairy tales and such. My youngest daughter is much more interested in science but not so much in science fiction. When I searched for appropriate books I found lots of vampires, wizards, zombies and werewolves, but not much that contained plausible, real world science. Also, I have been disappointed in the number of young people pursuing education and careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). My solution? Write my own story, with real teens and young people using real science in plausible scenarios.
    I tried to upload the word documents for the Prologue and Chapter One, but they are too large. If you are interested in reading and reviewing my work, please PM me and I will email you the documents.
    Generation Exed is written for the 12-17 year old audience with the intent of encouraging study in science, technology, engineering and math.
    Please use the following criteria for review and comments:
    Grammar, Conflict, Humor, Character Development, Pace,
    Dialogue, Consistency, Vocabulary, Action, Plausibility

When I've asked for advice on hunting, fishing, plumbing, home building and who knows what else, the green screen has always come through and I have always appreciated the help. Again I ask, and again I am grateful for your assistance. Best regards, Rob

Goodrich@udallas.edu

I'll be happy to read and critique.

Comment

Originally posted by Txjourneyman View Post

I'll be happy to read and critique.
      Prologue and Chapter One emailed. Thanks again.
      I am in the process of self-editing and will release it in batches of 2-3 chapters at a time.

In a nutshell, 3rd world country develops and unleashes biological weapon that induces apoptosis in 99% of population. Apoptosis is a naturally occurring process that stops bones from growing in adolescents as they reach maturity. It is also partially responsible for Alzheimer's and dementia. The story is about what happens when children stop growing and nearly all adults decline into senility and death.

Comment

It will be monday before I print it and read it. It sounds interesting!

Comment

Prologue and first five chapters available.
          Thanks.

Comment

I would like to get a copy of prologue and first chapter and let my 13 year old read it and give you feedback on his thoughts if possible. I will send you my email.

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
              I would like to get a copy of prologue and first chapter and let my 13 year old read it and give you feedback on his thoughts if possible. I will send you my email.
              I sent as much as I have ready. I hope you enjoy it.
              Thank you for your opinion. Let me know what your 13 yo thinks.

Comment

mwrose2@sbcglobal.net

Would be happy to read and give you feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Dents View Post
                  mwrose2@sbcglobal.net

Would be happy to read and give you feedback.
                  Prologue and Chapters 1-7 emailed. Thank you. I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Part One is complete and ready for review. It's 156 pages double spaced MS Word document that is too large (345 kb) to upload here.
                    If anyone is interested please PM me with your email address and I will send you a copy.

Thank you again for your support.
                    Last edited by arrowdynamic; 08-21-2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

bump for lunch crowd

Comment

Working...
                      X