No announcement yet.

Why can't...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make a valiant effort to break up my posts -- usually they are just three lines.

Someone, once. compared it to.

haiku.

Comment

Originally posted by bsimm78 View Post
      People write a post that contains punctuation instead of one, 12 line run-on sentence? I know I can't spell worth a tinkers d...,and my iPad or iPhone catches that, but to write an entire, mulit-line post, as a single sentence is hard to understand. Adding the lack of spell-check makes it worse. I love helping people and reading others topics and posts but....come on man!!! Just my opinion.
      Breathe and be happy you are on the right side of the dirt. Other peoples punctuation is something they should worry about.

Comment

I guess I came to the wrong forum to request a book review.

Comment

Guilty. I'll also put on a wrinkled this morn before going to the ranch.

Comment

Everyone should use this prior to posting.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rockjock View Post
              nOWthATsFUNnY!!!! ispItCeREal,AlloVErthEKitCHEn!!

Comment

[ATTACH]527271[/ATTACH]
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Haiku:

CRISPY, FRIED CHICKEN
                  DARLIN' WIFE - WON'T SAY HER NAME
                  FINGER LICKIN’ GOOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    Truly, I am not very good with punctuation. I don't use commas very often, so any help would be appreciated.

Also, I am not very well-versed in the whole "sell sale" thing.

Serious question: did I miss any commas in this post? I would like to attend TBH grammar college
                    FIFY

Sell is a verb: to sell.
                    I do not want to sell my bow.
                    Sell me your truck whenever you buy a new one.

However, it can be used as a noun if you were to say a "hard sell."
                    Ex: Convincing me to allow you to shoot my best buck is going to be a hard sell.

Sale is a noun: for sale.
                    There is a sale at Gander Mountain this weekend.
                    We negotiated the sale of my tent.
                    Last edited by elf feet; 08-05-2013, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      I seriously think our education system has failed those who graduated without being able to write without punctuating...at least semi correctly, and I have served on our local school board as well as a community college board. . How can someone graduate yet not be able to put a simple period at the end of a sentence and start the next sentence with a capital letter?

Those who say they know the correct punctuation but just don't think it is important in "informal" communication, such as forums, just don't get it. They are just lazy and doing themselves, and their readers a disservice! Why do they think they learned proper grammar and punctuation in the first place? What do they think is the purpose of EDUCATION? What is the purpose of teaching them? Was it a waste of taxpayers' money and a waste of the student's time? The most basic tenets of grammar are ending each sentence with a period and starting the next sentence with a capital letter. Come on, folks. It's not that hard, and it would help communicate your message correctly.

Queue (did I spell that write ) the grammar police badge now.
                      I'm first in line! (after you?)

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                        It does make a difference.....see below.

I'm hungry. Let's eat, Grandma.

I'm hungry. Let's eat Grandma.
                        Absolutely hilarious! Thanks for that laugh, TxAg!

Comment

Its on like bing bong jack !

Comment

This was a fantastic morning read. I hope that was grammatically correct... Burnadell is starting to scare me into complete sentences.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              I have a family member that posts every little thing on facebook. Here's a typical post:

kids are sik again gettin tired of doktors and medicine bills supposed to go boot scoot booggie 2nite but can't git babysitter now cause fever too hi so we're jus gonna go 2 blockbuster and try to find new release and prolly order a pizza if someone want to stop by we can order 2 but don't bring kids unless u want them sick grrrrrr
                              I have a few of those too!

S/F

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                Why don't you join a forum about grammar and spelling?

I don't understand why people can't hit the back button or just skip over the confusing run on posts.
                                This is a BOW HUNTING forum, not grade school

Besides that, it makes for a good game to try and figure some of them out
                                Amen!

Comment

Working...
                                X