• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't change it for that.

Comment

Sale truck?

Comment

Screwed up an oil change

No way I would dump a fresh change of oil just because it was 5-20 instead of 5-30.

Your engine never would
        have known the difference. You may would have had to change it a little sooner but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A couple of stiff Scotch and Water will do wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            Which oil filter is $20? I thought even the high dollar mobile 1 extneded life ones were only $15.
            That’s what I thought but this is some fancy K&N filter

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
            Sale truck?
            Huh?

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            No way I would dump a fresh change of oil just because it was 5-20 instead of 5-30.

Your engine never would
            have known the difference. You may would have had to change it a little sooner but that’s about it.

Yeah I think it was probably overkill but for $40 I’d rather not have to think about it, especially coming into the heat of summer.

Comment

Once, and hopefully only once, I forgot to check and make sure the o-ring came off with the old filter. Screwed the new one on, added oil, turned the car on, and saw oil spewing everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post

Yeah I think it was probably overkill but for $40 I’d rather not have to think about it, especially coming into the heat of summer.

Really you are overthinking it. There are millions of vehicles running 5-20 oil. It is recommended in most engines now.

Comment

I heard that most guys that have a problem changing the fluids are using a dipstick that is too short.....

[emoji33][emoji51]

No comments about my sister please [emoji12]

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Really you are overthinking it. There are millions of vehicles running 5-20 oil. It is recommended in most engines now.

Maybe, but the hot viscosity is about 20% higher in the 30 vs. 20 which should offer a little more protection in summer heat.

Like you said it probably wouldn’t have mattered but my OCD wouldn’t let me leave it.

Comment

In our family we call that a nomination for the “Steve Baker Award”. Every year at Thanksgiving the entire family gets together at our place and we all visit about everyone’s screw ups for the past year. Then we cast a vote and the winner (the one who tore up the most crap over the last year) gets crowned with the Steve Baker Award! It’s an actual trophy with winners names on it for years gone by. Winner joins the ranks and holds the trophy at their house for the next year.

Uncle Steve just tears crap up year round so we started this ceremony and trophy due to him. We still love him. Once his front bumper fell off while driving down the road and he ran over it thinking it was a bump in the road. Later he figured out it was his bumper! HaHaHaHa.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarkS View Post
                        In our family we call that a nomination for the “Steve Baker Award”. Every year at Thanksgiving the entire family gets together at our place and we all visit about everyone’s screw ups for the past year. Then we cast a vote and the winner (the one who tore up the most crap over the last year) gets crowned with the Steve Baker Award! It’s an actual trophy with winners names on it for years gone by. Winner joins the ranks and holds the trophy at their house for the next year.

Uncle Steve just tears crap up year round so we started this ceremony and trophy due to him. We still love him. Once his front bumper fell off while driving down the road and he ran over it thinking it was a bump in the road. Later he figured out it was his bumper! HaHaHaHa.....

Oh lord. Definitely wouldn’t marry into your family. Hell, I’d find a way to win that every year.

Comment

Maybe, but the hot viscosity is about 20% higher in the 30 vs. 20 which should offer a little more protection in summer heat.

Like you said it probably wouldn’t have mattered but my OCD wouldn’t let me leave it.

Higher viscosity doesn’t always mean better. Higher viscosity can lead to higher oil pressure and then bearing wash and premature bearing failure.

I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about though. [emoji16]

Comment

I got one to make you feel better!
                            Changing my fuel filters and oil on my 08 f250. I have done it so much that i get a routine and see how fast it takes me. Well this time I screwed the fuel filter cap on, i guess i twisted the o ring. When I primed the truck diesel shot everywhere. I tried getting the cap loose but could not. In the process i stripped the cap, hand slipped and broke my oil dipstick handle off. Now the dipstick rod is stuck in the tube and we have to bust fuel filter cap to get that off. Had to go underneath to thread the dipstick out of the pan. Cheap parts but truck was disabled for a bit until I got them in. lessons are always learned the hard way.
                            Last edited by Hunt4Jesus; 04-11-2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

How many of y’all have done the old, add your oil before you put the drain plug back in trick?

Comment

I would think you will be ready for another oil change before the weather would make any difference. Still have a while before really hot weather gets here. I would of left it alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X