Dewalt weed eater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
    Anyone have the 20v weed eater from dewalt? I've already got a bunch of 20v tools so I thought the weed eater might be a good addition. How well does it work? Amazon reviews are mixed.
    Yep! Love it! Do my entire front and back yard in one charge. Never had an issue with it not being strong enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      Haha!!! Literally laughed out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Lol! I did too![emoji23]
      I know a 60yr old lady that does a 5 acre yard with a battery powered weedeater.She has 2 in her garage.She loves em.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
        Lol! I did too![emoji23]
        I know a 60yr old lady that does a 5 acre yard with a battery powered weedeater.She has 2 in her garage.She loves em.

You calling me a 60yo woman?!?

Comment

Lmao!

Comment

I can't imagine getting a good edging done with a battery powered weedeater. If someone can show me a good looking edge from this thing, then I'm sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
              I can't imagine getting a good edging done with a battery powered weedeater. If someone can show me a good looking edge from this thing, then I'm sold.
              I don't do any edging as I live in the boonies so theres no sidewalks or concrete. So no help here. But I would imagine this thing would do as good as any other weed eater at edging.

It definitely as powerful as any $200-$300 weedeater

Comment

Update on the weedeater;

This thing is awesome. It doesn't have the power of my Still, but thats a commercial version so I never expected it to. It has power like a decent seedeater from a box store. The batteries last longer than I thought they would. The best thing about it is its so light and quiet. You get much less fatigued using this due to the weight and the lack of noise/vibration compared to a gas powered.

On a side note, the dewater string is the best I've ever used. I weedeat around some cattle panel fences and the normal stuff gets torn up quick. The dealt stuff is incredibly tough.

If you didn't have a bunch of 20v dealt tools, I probably wouldn't recommend it, but I have a bunch of batteries charged every day, so its easy for me to plug one in and got, without dealing with mixed gas and fiddling with a seedeater to get it started.

Nice review. Dewalt tools are second to none when it comes to power tools. Their 20v series is bad to the bone. Anybody tried the flex volt yet?

Comment

Update on the weedeater;

This thing is awesome. It doesn't have the power of my Still, but thats a commercial version so I never expected it to. It has power like a decent seedeater from a box store. The batteries last longer than I thought they would. The best thing about it is its so light and quiet. You get much less fatigued using this due to the weight and the lack of noise/vibration compared to a gas powered.

On a side note, the dewater string is the best I've ever used. I weedeat around some cattle panel fences and the normal stuff gets torn up quick. The dealt stuff is incredibly tough.

If you didn't have a bunch of 20v dealt tools, I probably wouldn't recommend it, but I have a bunch of batteries charged every day, so its easy for me to plug one in and got, without dealing with mixed gas and fiddling with a seedeater to get it started.
                  ****... autocorrect makes me sound like an idiot!

Comment

I don't have any experience with the dewalt but I have a black and decker 20v lithium and have been pleasantly surprised with it. It also has the head that will flip over with the wheel for edging and it does a great job I think. I have yet to be disappointed with it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Electric weed eater

I've got a Black and Decker 18 volt that I had for 1 year. Nicad batteries. It's a piece of junk. Batteries didn't last at all. Took 2 batteries to do my yard. It's going to the dump next week. Unless somebody here wants it. Lithium batteries I know last longer but I thought I'd try it. Won't make that mistake again.

Comment

Anyone tried the dewalt hedge trimmer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post
                          In all seriousness, I'm glad to see good reviews. I'm probably going to pull the trigger on one my dang self.
                          I did it. Review below.

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                          I felt the same way. I've changed my mind.

I was glad to see the 90 day money back guarantee direct from manufacturer. Having had an issue with a DW screw gun several years ago, I felt like the guarantee was good, so I pulled the trigger.

I live in the boonies, with only about 250 feet of true "edging", but I maintain ~2 acres of yard, including all of the trimming around trees, beds, trailers, grills, the barn, etc. I get a better true edge with the DW than I did with my gas trimmer. I think that has everything to do with the weight and the ability to maneuver the DW with ease. As for the trimming, same story. No gouging due to muscle fatigue, and it cuts as well in normal trimming duties (yard weedeating).

I have a problem drainage area that I've yet to resolve at my entry from the county road. It has to be trimmed with the whacker due to terrain. I was convinced there was no way this DW would handle the job, given the number of weeds and woody type stuff that grows in there. I was wrong.

FTR, I only weedeat every other mowing, so about every 8 days. I edge the driveway and back porch every time. It takes me right at 25 minutes to do it all (including walking to and fro), or ~8 minutes to do just the edging. I charged the battery when I bought it, and put it back on charge for the first time last night, having done my edging and normal trimming twice, and the road entry (10 minutes) once. So, right at 45 minutes of actual run time on the first charge without any loss of power.

I'm a fan.

Comment

Okay..... I have no batteries and will be looking to purchase one of these... So... which one Green Screen for me... Thanks. Angie

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                              Okay..... I have no batteries and will be looking to purchase one of these... So... which one Green Screen for me... Thanks. Angie
                              This is what I have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can always get some batteries and slowly upgrade power tools that use the same batteries

Comment

Well you have convinced me to buy one!!! Will see how it works out. I also use primarily dewalt cordless so it should be a good fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X