Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talley rings - low, medium, or high?

Hey all,
    Mounting a Leupold VX5 HD 3-15x44mm (30mm tube) on a Tikka T3 lite. Curious what size scope rings I should use.

Mediums would work for sure, can probably get by with low. I put a 44mm scope on a rifle with medium rings and there is a decent gap between the scope and barrel.

Comment

Mediums will work. Had them on my tikka with 30mm tube (traded the rifle).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any other ring makers that y'all would suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
          Any other ring makers that y'all would suggest?

Leopolds, nightforce, and burris rings are good quality too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sako makes opti locks that fit the Tikka.

Comment

I have a VX2 3-9x40mm on a T3X in Talley Ex-low rings.

I was trying to get as low as possible as its for my kids.

Works out great. I think the opti locks are quite a bit heavier, so may be better if you have a larger caliber like a 7mm or 300 win. Mine is a 6.5 and wanted it lite, and couldn’t be happier with the set up.

Comment

I used Tally Lightweight low rings to mount a Swarovski Z3 3-10X42 on a Barrett Fieldcraft. It clears the barrel but not by much. Barrett recommended medium height, but I like a firmer cheek weld and went with low rings.

Comment

Here is a pic of them.

I don’t think I would go higher than low on a 44mm.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dang guys, some are saying low and some are saying medium.

Comment

Ended up getting a pair of both low and medium. Will return the set that I don't like and/or hang onto them for another Tikka rifle down the line. :-)

Comment

I have the same scope and rings on and FNAR with a standard M1913 rail. I have medium rings and have right at .090" clearance between the objective and the barrel. Your MIGHT get my with lows but I know mediums will work just fine.

Comment

I've used talley lows on a tikka with 44mm objective. It was a 1" tube, though

Comment

Just call talley they will tell you exactly what you need. Oh and I love talley rings. Have them on about 4 rifles and there guidance on what hight has been exactly right every time!

Comment

I wish I’d seen this, I just mounted that same scope to a larue very low mount last night and it fit easily. I ordered Talley low mounts for the cheap sfwa scope I pulled the larues off... you should have plenty of room with the lows.

Comment

Working...
                              X