When did the brotherhood stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
    I think when there starting being threads about watches, wallets, and blue jeans was the beginning of the end

If you think there is an "end", then you have missed the point entirely. Thats on you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      If you think there is an "end", then you have missed the point entirely. Thats on you...

Yep.

And apparently he’s never owned a good watch, wallet or pair of jeans. All three merit discussion in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
        Yep.

And apparently he’s never owned a good watch, wallet or pair of jeans. All three merit discussion in my book.

Tag or Bulova, Eco-Drive or Luminox

toot tooting my own horn well respected for 50+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
          Tag or Bulova, Eco-Drive or Luminox

toot tooting my own horn well respected for 50+ years.

Timex, $5 rack at Walmart.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
            Timex, $5 rack at Walmart.

G-string I mean G-Shock 30$ walmart

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Good points. There have ALWAYS been "knuckleheads." In fact, some of them are still around and have "come around" to being valuable contributors and true assets to the community. I won't name names.
              I apologize for my moments of lacking self restraint. One thing I know from ten years of being on this site is that there are reasons why people come here and there are reasons why they vent, lash-out, or come unglued at times. Nobody knows what goes on in another man's head. Sometimes the words relayed to the web are not exactly the words written in a person's mind. I am learning to stop talking and listen more. Yeah, there's that. A wise man once said, "boy, if you don't open your mouth, people won't know how stupid you are." Love this site. Lot's of awesome people here. We are all different. We have different goals and much different struggles. God bless peeps!!

Comment

I've been here for 15 years. Still a lot of good folks. You just have to learn how to weed out the weasels.

TBH saved my life (ask me how) and TBH saved my home (by raising money for my family).

For all you negative Nellys, name another website that can match that.
                Last edited by Chew; 03-24-2018, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  I've been here for 15 years. Still a lot of good folks. You just have to learn how to weed out the weasels.

TBH saved my life (ask me how) and TBH saved my home (by raising money for my family).

For all you negative Nellys, name another website that can match that.

Seems like we've been a few rounds with whoever, and whatever has come along so far... I don't imagine many of this new bunch can change that. I sure wish ol Jason was around for nights just such as this...

RIP, big guy.

Comment

Yep. Jaspro had a heart of gold. Not too many people I would stick that label on.

Comment

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a question on here not get answered. Want to hunt Cape Buffalo with a traditional set up? Someone will walk you through it. Considering pre marital counseling? You’ll get a couple pages of the good, bad, and ugly of counseling. Your mother in law’s car making a funny sound when she tries to honk the horn and the radio cuts out instead, but only if she’s going over 55? Someone will not only know what the problem is, they’ll teach you how to fix it so she can blow the horn and listen to her Jesus music uninterrupted.
                      I know I’ve shared stuff on this board that I have never shared with anyone besides my wife and lawyer, and I’ve only met a few of y’all in person. Let me tell you though, getting to share those frustrations helped more than anything else would have, and those frustrations were met with understanding and no judgment. Like others have said, the brotherhood is there, you’ve just got to be willing to be a part of it.

Comment

In this day and age I find myself looking for some positives rather than negatives. A lot of times the positives are hard to find, but this site is one of the few that in my opinion is more positive than negative. People helping people, handshake deals, their word is their bond, money sent to complete strangers, and more prayers than can be counted.
                        I read more than post. I also depend on this site for current events and especially the weather. Johnny and others are more spot on with hurricanes, floods, and freezes than the news. My wife got chigger bites real bad a few years back. She searched WebMD, I searched here. I told her I trust the people that have actually had the experience dealing with the bites more than some doctor that probably never had a bite.
                        As far as Bownanza, I have wanted to come, but my family is usually busy and if they came with me they would rush me and want to leave because they don't understand what the greenscreen is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          I would ask you how many of our moderators do you know?

While we (and I) joke about our (beloved ) mods, every one of them is intelligent, good folk,with a great sense of humor. Every one is a class person and make this site what it is. While I don't always agree with them, I trust their judgement and appreciate the time spent keeping this site a positive, family forum.

The TBH brotherhood and sistahood are alive and well. Those who mealy mouth it simply do not get it!
                          I agree with this ^^^^^^. Well except for the moderator part. Everyone knows Dervin is the worst mod ever.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            I can’t help but wonder if you sound the same way in person as I imagine you do when I read your post (all of which i enjoy). Maybe I’ll have the opportunity to meet you at Nanza next year.

Been a part of this place through a lot of milestones in my life since I joined. Some I have posted (picture a day post #2) and much more that I haven’t. After coming back from a hiatus we’ll call it, this is the only “social place” I really participate. I enjoy being part of a place with like minded people. Sure I find myself bitting my tongue while reading more posts these days that it seems I used to but I am also older and more disciplined I guess you could say. I remember the Macie and Ashley threads and the amount of love and support that poured out of them. I still see that even when the cause has been fabricated. The brotherhood is alive and well you just might have to wade through a little more BS to see it. Overall I wouldn’t change a thing this is still the best place on the World Wide Web if you ask me.

Sierracharlie out…
                            Yes sir, I am the same. Just an old common redneck.😂

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                              positive participation is key
                              Times change, I have often quoted you from one of our first conversations at Nanza. "Participation is key." The positive is a recent addition, but you would think adults understand that. Dogpiling is up and attendence at Bownanza is down.

This year was my 11th consecutive Bownanza, because Syl and I have made it a point to attend. Some of my best friends have passed on, no one wants to play guitar, I haven't had any piglets in tow for a few years, and I don't drink, but will be back. Come join us next year and put some faces to the names.

Thanks again Michael and team for this forum,

Hogboy
                              Last edited by Leonhogboy; 03-24-2018, 06:27 AM.

Comment

I've been on here 3 months and only had a dozen or so deleted. I wish I would have gotten on here a long time ago. I've learned a lot about jeans, watches, camopatterns, and life in general. Without this site I would probably be divorced by now. Hell ya saved my marriage thanks TBH

Comment

Working...
                                X