No announcement yet.

LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking on Facebook....on 10-31 Jeff announced that units 7,8,21,22,28,29,49, and 75 would be burned that week and through November 4.

Comment

Kind of sucks that they burn during hunting season. But I know they have to do it.

Comment

Burning won't hurt or scare the deer at all as a matter of fact I've had more success on a unit they burn after after they burned and going back and hunt

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
          Burning won't hurt or scare the deer at all as a matter of fact I've had more success on a unit they burn after after they burned and going back and hunt

love to hear this! Jeff at LBJ suggested the same thing...shhhh...tell no one that hunts with a rifle.....

Comment

They allow rifles there again now?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

Actually no. I should have said “firearm”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

No.

Comment

They burned Units 21, 28, 29 and 75 this week. I've seen deer and turkeys going back into burned units even before the fire was out. We used see lots of fresh tracks when we would go patrol the fire lines the next morning after a Rx burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                    They burned Units 21, 28, 29 and 75 this week. I've seen deer and turkeys going back into burned units even before the fire was out. We used see lots of fresh tracks when we would go patrol the fire lines the next morning after a Rx burn.
                    Froggy is giving some pretty good intel there. i want to know all your knowledge about lbj .

Comment

Seein that many snakes in close quarters is scary. Interesting too - I've put in a lot of miles out there since August; walk creeks and dry creek beds often and I've only seen 1 snake that was about the size of really big worm. I've wondered why I haven't seen more - not complaining though. Not a big fan of snakes.
                      Last edited by JB3; 11-05-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                        How many points on the one antler?

If it’s 6 then you’re good. Otherwise the way I read it is that it has to be “an unforked” antler, which means something has to be there
                        [ATTACH]880965[/ATTACH]

This is from a very old regulation. The "6 points on one side" part of the statement is gone. Now a legal buck is defined as having a 13" inside spread or at least 1 unbranched antler. Go to the outdoor annual for a full explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by wildaggie View Post
                          This is from a very old regulation. The "6 points on one side" part of the statement is gone. Now a legal buck is defined as having a 13" inside spread or at least 1 unbranched antler. Go to the outdoor annual for a full explanation.
                          I stand corrected. Did as you suggested and there it is, no mention of 6 point on one side at all. Thanks for the good word.

Comment

Was out at Valley View last Friday and got some pics of the burning.

Comment

Picked this fella up on one of my cams last week. He’s a good one. Not great but certainly good. I’ve been trying to get him on camera since last year. He’d rubbed this area up pretty good last year and I felt like he made it through the season. This is the first time he’s put his face back on camera.

Comment

Go get em!

Comment

Working...
                                X