No announcement yet.

11-87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 12ga light contour premier and a 12ga special purpose. Never had any problem out of either one and they've had literally thousands of rounds ran thru them. Recently bought Knothead a 20ga 1187 and have ran about a flat of shells thru it and zero issues.

The only issue I've had was I broke a rubber O-ring when I was cleaning one of the 12's.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter98 View Post
      Dove hunting with a 11-87 and it jammed up. It broke and messed up a darn good dove. Anyone else had any problems with them?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
      I had the same issue but shooting 3 inch #5's while doing crow control in a pecan grove. I had hunted all dove season, with 2 3/4 inch #8 shot, with out an issue. The third shot at a crow and the gun fails to cycle fully. Take a look and see loose parts so I headed back to the truck and start field stripping. The only thing we found missing was that clip. Ordered it and a new set of O-rings, put it back together and it has been fine so far. I have only shot 2 3/4 dove loads with it since then but only because that is all I have needed to shoot. I did buy the gun used so I don't know how much it was used before me.

Comment

No experience with the 11-87, but my father's 1100 was nicknamed "the jamington". HATED light loads. Not really impressed with any modern scatterguns by Remington. Uncle's new 870 was jamming up this weekend...I would say I was surprised, but I'm not. I had to polish the chamber on my 4 year old 870 to not jam up after about half a box through it. Also heard the extractors on modern 870s are crap now. If I ever had to get a pump again I'd get a Browning BPS.

Comment

A friend of mine bought an 870 last year and it would not feed properly.

Comment

I have been having issues with my 870. I have yet to polish the chamber. I am hoping that fixes the issues. I am thinking of getting a new gun in 20ga but dont think I will be buying another Remington, esp an 11-87 after hearing all the troubles it gives people.

Comment

I don't think they are what they used to be. About 10 yrs ago I was looking for a new auto, didn't like the berettas, as that's what everybody has, so I went with a benelli m2. There is a learning curve however, have to keep it tight on your shoulder, it kicks like a pump. 60 or 70 boxes of shells later, not one failure to function.

Comment

Working...
              X