Looking For Gunsmith in San Antonio Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking For Gunsmith in San Antonio Area

I am looking for a gunsmith in San Antonio area. I have a Remington 700 in 7mm Rem Mag that I want to have some work done to. Thanks

Dury's does gunsmithing.

Comment

Hill Country Rifles is just up 35 towards New Braunfels

Comment

Jim Grier, Hillco Gunsmith, Boerne, TX

All the best,
        Glenn

Comment

Hill Country Rifle will probably be your safest bet on a 700. Not too many in the area that can be trusted. Not a revolver smith near here, they all claim to be though.

Comment

HCR is good but I think they're a little over priced. Their work is good, though. They refer all pistol work to the McQeeny Gun Club. I've never used them but HCR wouldn't recommend them unless they did quality work.

Here are a couple other SA options:

Speedy Gonzales - well known and respected benchrest gunsmith
            Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Ron Bartlett (VIAS Arms) in Hondo. His muzzle brakes and barrel work are world reknowned. I use him a lot as he's 30 miles from my house. Great turn around and work has been impeccable. They have a full service gunsmith shop - just call the number on the VIAS website.

Home of the Beast series brakes. We produce some of the most effective muzzle brakes on the market.

Home of the Beast series brakes. We produce some of the most effective muzzle brakes on the market.

Blake may have another option but I know he'll back me up on the quality of these two smiths. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

KDF in Seguin is another option.

Comment

Don @ dons gun shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stay away from Nagels.

Comment

Thank you very much guys.

Comment

Drurys is the best and ask for Mike Whelan

Comment

Originally posted by Brad75 View Post
                        I am looking for a gunsmith in San Antonio area. I have a Remington 700 in 7mm Rem Mag that I want to have some work done to. Thanks
                        Just curious... what are you wanting to have done? I've got one in .308 that i'd like to beef up a bit. Just curious as to what others are doing right off the bat.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                          Just curious... what are you wanting to have done? I've got one in .308 that i'd like to beef up a bit. Just curious as to what others are doing right off the bat.
                          I usually start every rifle with a new trigger (jewell), Epoxy bed the recoil lug, and float the barrel.

I do all this myself though.

I have never had to go further than this to get a rifle to shoot lights out.

Now that I have suppressors I have the smith thread the barrel, and recrown at the beginning as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                            I usually start every rifle with a new trigger (jewell), Epoxy bed the recoil lug, and float the barrel.

I do all this myself though.

I have never had to go further than this to get a rifle to shoot lights out.

Now that I have suppressors I have the smith thread the barrel, and recrown at the beginning as well.
                            Got ya. My rifle is used for hunting purposes only. One shot at a time. For my intents and purposes, it works just fine. Been foolin' around with the idea of a suppressor though... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                              Got ya. My rifle is used for hunting purposes only. One shot at a time. For my intents and purposes, it works just fine. Been foolin' around with the idea of a suppressor though... Thanks
                              All of mine are for hunting. I want my rifles shooting one hole.....so if I miss it is all on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X