Satellite TV When Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satellite TV When Camping

So after 4 calls to Dish which is who I currently use for my home I'm more confused then ever. Can I just but a tripod and Dish antenna for deer camp and then order an extra receiver vs buying the $350 tail gate set up that they offer? What are my options- appreciate GS advice?

G.

Yes you can. That's what I did for a few years. I even carried a receiver back and forth from home because I was too cheap to buy another. Although the tailgater makes set up easy and stupid proof.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
      So after 4 calls to Dish which is who I currently use for my home I'm more confused then ever. Can I just but a tripod and Dish antenna for deer camp and then order an extra receiver vs buying the $350 tail gate set up that they offer? What are my options- appreciate GS advice?

G.
      Yep, that's what I do with direct tv.

Comment

How hard is it to find the satellites?

Comment

There is an App for that. One of the guys on my lease has it.

Comment

I have Direct TV and when we upgraded to digital I took the old receiver and a spare box to the lease. Went on their website and entered the zip code to get the coordinates. That and a compass got it up and running. I don't get local channels because I am not near home so I bought a digital antenna and an A/B switch for that.

Comment

I've done this for eight years through Direct TV, $5.00 per month added to home billing.
              The signal is not hard to find as long as 1. your post for the satellite is straight, 2. Satellite is pointed in the right direction, 3. Correct angle on satellite. Use "system set up" through your cable box using the audible mode(maximum volume on tv) as you you adjust the satellite from outside to the strongest/loudest/fastest signal.
              Good luck.

Comment

Dish charges me 7 bucks a month for my remote box. Bought my box off of EBay.

Comment

How much actual TV do y'all watch at the lease? If I'm not hunting I'm usually eating or sleeping. I'm not so much a social hang out around the campfire hunter. If I want to watch TV I will stay home with the wife and kids. I've thought about doing satellite of some sort on my trailer but figured I just wouldn't use it enough.

Comment

Thanks guys, I just need to research the antennas as I see that there are a couple different options.

Comment

College football - enough said!

Comment

I have dish network in my home. I called them and they came out to my deer lease for free and installed a satellite on my cabin and got everything going. I only pay 10.00 a month for the receiver. I also have one in my Rv and pay 10.00 for that receiver also.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy_sleeper View Post
                          How much actual TV do y'all watch at the lease? If I'm not hunting I'm usually eating or sleeping. I'm not so much a social hang out around the campfire hunter. If I want to watch TV I will stay home with the wife and kids. I've thought about doing satellite of some sort on my trailer but figured I just wouldn't use it enough.
                          Hunting during hunting season is just a bonus for us. We watch football, UFC and ALWAYS have a campfire. Camp is where it's at!

Comment

Thanks guys, I just need to research the antennas as I see that there are a couple different options.
                            If you go with the dish on the tripod get the dish with the 1000.2 lnb. Elevation 48-50 and skew 120. The satellites are just west of due south.

Comment

I have two dish receivers with remotes

God Bless
                              Bish

Comment

Working...
                              X