green chile chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

green chile chili

My aunt use to make the best green chili. She lived in NM and use to pick her chile's to make it. I cannot reproduce it with canned green chiles but this is close.

2 lbs burger( I use elk)
    1 lg white onion
    2 tsp salt
    1 1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp garlic salt
    4 small cans HOT Hatch chopped green chiles
    1 1/2 TLBS flour

Brown the meat and onions. Add spices, chiles and water to make the mixture soupy(I like it pretty thin). I then add the flour slowly while stirring to make it more gravy like. I also added some ground cayenne pepper for more heat. Simmer and serve.

I get all my green chiles from NM. my family still live there.You can get Hatch chiles sometimes from Walmart. Keep an eye out for them in the frozen food section. I have a very good recipe for green chile deer sausage. and green chile jerky. Let me know and I can email them to you.

Comment

email? hail, post them up here for all to enjoy!

Comment

New Mexico chile's are like mothers milk to me. A lot of my kin hail from Albuquerque. My dad grew up there and my grandma was born and raised in Gallup.
        I buy my green and red fresh once a year from a guy that wholesales for farmers. Once I get them I spend a weekend rosting and strong and eating and eating.
        Green chile chili is awesome.
        Give me a 5 stack of red enchiladas with a fried egg on top and I am in heaven.

Comment

Lot a Burger with green chiles please!

Comment

I was born and raised in NM and I can agree with you guys, Green Chile is probably the best thing coming from that state. I just wish that you could get green chile on more food here in TX, like burgers, subway sandwhiches, pizza, and the list goes on and on.

Comment

sounds good thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                I was born and raised in NM and I can agree with you guys, Green Chile is probably the best thing coming from that state. I just wish that you could get green chile on more food here in TX, like burgers, subway sandwhiches, pizza, and the list goes on and on.
                Do they still have Lot A Burgers in NM? They sure where good.

Comment

Originally posted by River Bottom Hunter View Post
                  Do they still have Lot A Burgers in NM? They sure where good.

Yes sir one of THE BEST Green Chili Cheese Burger you will ever taste. When I make it home to visit the wife and I always try and stop and get a LOTA Burger. MMMMMMM

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                    Yes sir one of THE BEST Green Chili Cheese Burger you will ever taste. When I make it home to visit the wife and I always try and stop and get a LOTA Burger. MMMMMMM
                    I haven't had one since 83 and I still dream of them and Pinons.

Comment

Hatch Peppers

Last year HEB started roasting Hatch peppers out in front of several of thier stores. I fell in love with them and put a bunch up in the frezer. The manager of the Friendswwod store said they were going to do it again in 08.I hope the new Pearland store gets a roaster too.I love to use the hot ones in a gumbo or jambalaya.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Dad View Post
                        Last year HEB started roasting Hatch peppers out in front of several of thier stores. I fell in love with them and put a bunch up in the frezer. The manager of the Friendswwod store said they were going to do it again in 08.I hope the new Pearland store gets a roaster too.I love to use the hot ones in a gumbo or jambalaya.
                        They do it up at our local HEB too plus Chuy's Restruant does them. I love the smell and taste of fresh roasted green chile

Comment

Working...
                        X