Any homemade cinnamon roll recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any homemade cinnamon roll recipes?

My wife is wanting to make some scratch ones for Christmas. Anybody got one?

Hard to beat Grandy's!

Comment

we buy 3 -6 dozen at the rodeo every year! mmmmm mmmm good

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
        we buy 3 -6 dozen at the rodeo every year! mmmmm mmmm good
        What rodeo? The ones in Ft. Worth at the stock show are the best! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Comment

My mom makes them homemade every winter for about three months....They ROCK. I will ask her over the weekend for the recipe...
          Last edited by GARY; 12-20-2007, 06:54 PM.
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
            What rodeo? The ones in Ft. Worth at the stock show are the best! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
            Houston Livestock show and Rodeo

Comment

Mom sent me this today and made me promise not to tell my sister she gave it to me....as I got it first!

As I mentioned up above, I grew up eating these....

BASIC SWEET DOUGH:
              1 stick butter or margarine, 2 cups milk, 2 pkg. dry yeast, 1/2 cup warm water, 2 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar and 8 to 9cups flour.

Cut butter in small pieces melt over medium heat in a small sauce pan, add milk and heat, Do not boil. In small bowl dissolve yeast and 2 teaspoons sugar in 1/2 cup warm water (not hot water it will kill the yeast). In large bowl combine milk and butter mixture, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and slightly beaten eggs. Add dissolved yeast, using a large wooden spoon gradually add sifted flour about 1 1/2 cups at a time. Work in well after each addition. Dough is right consistency when top is slightly sticky to the touch. Usually 8 1/2 cups of flour is sufficient, cover with cloth and let set for 15 minutes. Using a wooden spoon again beat vigorously until mixture is smooth. Cover and let rise 1 hour or doubled in size.

CINNAMON ROLLS: After it has risen roll out 1/3 of the basic sweet dough 1/4 inch thick, brush on about 1/2 cup softened margarine, sprinkle with a mixture of 3/4 cup sugar 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup chopped nuts and 1/2 cup coconut ( 1/2 cup raisins may be added if desired). Roll lengthwise and seal edges. Cut into one inch slices. Put cut side in a greased baking sheet. Let rise about 30 minutes to an hour...Bake at 275 degree 20 - 25 minute or until golden brown. After cooling drizzle powered sugar icing over the roll.

Good Eating!
              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Working...
              X