vanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vanes

what vane do you prefer? length and height, brand? fletched preference? helical,straight, offseet................all for broadhead flight

I use the Blazer 2 in.

Comment

All ive ever used have been either Blazers or Fusion vanes, 2 inch, 3 degree helical.

Never had any issues with broadhead flight with Rages, Ramcats, or DRT

Comment

i was thinking about getting away from the blazer and going to a longer, lower profile vane for added clearance. i shoot full helical now, slick tricks and they fly great, but im really close to cables and rest with the fletchings.

Comment

A couple years ago I fletched a bunch of arrows; 2" Blazer, 2" Razyr feather, 3" feather, 3" vane, 4" feather, & 4" vane. All with a right helical. I got the best fixed blade flight at 50 yards with the 2" Blazer. I was surprised. I was shooting QAD Exodus heads. I suspect the fact that I fletched them with the AZ EZ Fletch mini helped because that jig buts a LOT of helical on Blazers. I prefer feathers for looks though.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
            A couple years ago I fletched a bunch of arrows; 2" Blazer, 2" Razyr feather, 3" feather, 3" vane, 4" feather, & 4" vane. All with a right helical. I got the best fixed blade flight at 50 yards with the 2" Blazer. I was surprised. I was shooting QAD Exodus heads. I suspect the fact that I fletched them with the AZ EZ Fletch mini helped because that jig buts a LOT of helical on Blazers. I prefer feathers for looks though.
            How did they do at 20 yards ?

Comment

What rest are you using? If a drop away rest turn arrow on the string so the cockvane is pointed way from the bow like you would on a recurve. That will give you more clearance than with it pointed up. To a drop away rest it does not matter how the vanes are turned as it is out of the way before they get to it.

Comment

Vane-Tec or DuraVane 4" helical, but I'm shooting fixed blade heads.

Comment

Flex-Fletch FFP-360’s with as much helical as I can get.

Super quiet and very durable.

Comment

Originally posted by chris1911 View Post
                    i was thinking about getting away from the blazer and going to a longer, lower profile vane for added clearance. i shoot full helical now, slick tricks and they fly great, but im really close to cables and rest with the fletchings.
                    I did that very thing and did not like the results at all. They looked really neat but went back to my Blazer 2" and that is where I will stay. I wasted my money on the ICE vanes. I do have some AAE MAX that are a little taller that I may try someday though.

Comment

I use blazers now exclusively. You want max helical that you can get. I use Arizona ez fletch to do it on all mine. And that's even on the super skinnies like injexions and goldtip pierce platinums. Works great. You want that thing spinning like a football or a rifle bullet!

Comment

Used to use blazers. Went to q2i fusion II and so far I like them, really easy to glue and to me are quieter in flight. I use a straight clamp, but the bands have some offset to them

Comment

Vanetec or Fusion. Very tough stick great way less than Blazers.

Comment

Working...
                          X