No announcement yet.

Wet Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are dead set on trying it, then first I would not allow anyone else to shoot them. Then you must be very attentive to the sound when you fire each round. ANY change in the sound and you should immediately unload the weapon and check the barrel for obstructions.

Comment

I have spoken with several who know about ammo and all have said, not worth the risk. Insurance adjuster said put it on my inventory and if nothing else it will help get me to the deductible part. Worst part of it is getting an inventory and taking it to work so our firearms examiner can get it destroyed. Several thousand rounds. Lesson learned, if in doubt get it out of safe and up high. But I never dreamed of 57" of rain at my house and 28" in the house. Thanks all, wished I was brave enough to try some.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        That could be. But why would you not know if the bullet didn't exit the barrel? I would think it would be noticeable. I ain't tryin to get nobody hurt but I think you'll immediately know whether there's something wrong or not.
        after 25 years as a firearms instructor, i found most people can not tell, i fixed enough of their guns,, experienced shooter can usually tell if something hasn't gone right, but not even all of them

Comment

Working...
        X