Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hope for the a feast at the Granger Ranger hunt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope for the a feast at the Granger Ranger hunt.

Here are some more pictures of running hogs from our hunt this Sunday at Units F&G.

They are running because we missed.

Some ladies on horses came up and talked to us after the shoot out and said they enjoyed the show.

I offered one of them $5 to go herd them by us again. She just laughed.

Sorry about the quality but Nostradenis had to decide either shoot with the camera or the bow.

This should help ease some folks pending hunger pains.

Although I did here that the Corp of Engineers had scheduled a helicopter hog hunt this week.

In closing there were hogs at Granger, Sunday.

I can't swear they'll hang around till March.

They were running fast and yelling at each other. I'm not fluent in Oink, but they were saying something about "Granger Rangers".
    Attached Files

Hoping to get one this weekend!!!

Dont worry I will shoot the smallest, wife just wants to make a small batch of tamales!!!

Comment

You should have the place to yourself Sunday with the Super Bowl going on and such.

I'm staying home and watching the game.

One time I didn't like the teams so I went out horsing around and broke my finger on Super Bowl Sunday.

I learned my lesson. Stay home with everybody else.

Where are you going to hunt?

Will you be by yourself or with a group?

Comment

Probably with my son!! It will be near Willis Park and probably Saturday.

Anybody is welcome to join me.

Comment

Granger Hogs

Ive hunted Granger the past 2 months and have killed 2 out there. I was out today and a guy walking out said they were hunting them today with a helicopter. How can they do that when it's not closed? I have seen hogs everytime i've gone out and keep bait on my bait stations. Went out tonight and saw a Nic Boar but did't want to shoot because I didn't want to drag him to the car. I will be out tomarrow and the weekend and then all next weekend. Their getting very smart. My eye is on a HUGE blonde sow!!! She's in heat also so she hasn't been hard to find with all the camotion around her she's just really smart.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            I was out today and a guy walking out said they were hunting them today with a helicopter. How can they do that when it's not closed?
            Good question. They are supposed to close it down. I heard they canceled the hunt Monday and Tuesday because of fog and high wind.

One year they came out to hunt with the chopper and only shot a few. That same week someone had hit a whole sounder on the road to Hare with a lowboy trailer.

I counted over 20 dead hogs. The guy who hit them probably cussed all the way home.

Good work on the hogs! Shoot another.

Comment

Have been out the last 2 nites and have had them everywhere but within Bow Range. CROD is out this AM and called me to say they shut the gates and are in the air right now.. There goes the baiting we have been doing for the last 2 months. Took my 13 yr old Wed nite and he got a shot. Just moved from MI in July.. this hog hunting is awesome. Havent scored yet but have seen alot of them.. trying to figure them out.. its a new way of hunting. I love it

Comment

There are lot of them out there.

Koondog and a few others wiil be out this weekend.

Where are you going?

Comment

Granger

I'm new here...when is the best time to hunt hogs at Granger Lake? I see some of you hunt them at night...is that right? Bow or rifle? Just looking for somewhere to hunt.

Comment

You can't use a rifle out there, thats a good way to get your gun permanently confiscated. Now might not be the best time they just slaughtered a bunch of hogs out of a helicopter last week. Not supposed to hunt at night on corp property either I think.

Comment

Originally posted by boss bowman View Post
                      You can't use a rifle out there, thats a good way to get your gun permanently confiscated. Now might not be the best time they just slaughtered a bunch of hogs out of a helicopter last week. Not supposed to hunt at night on corp property either I think.
                      No hunting at night.... hunting is to be done one half hour after sunset. No rifle hunting either as stated above. 53 pigs killed last week by the helicopter.

Comment

Working...
                      X