Remembering some of the "special" TBH Fathers on Father's day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingfisher View Post
    This was my 4th Father's day since my daughter, Tristan, drowned at age 2.
    This is the last picture of her before the accident.
    My older daughter works so hard to make Father's Day "perfect", but she is only 10 and a 10 year old should not have to work as hard as she does to help Daddy make it through the day.

Please make sure that your babies are safe around water.
    God Bless you brother....you and your entire family are in my prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      TBH has a lot of good fathers, you fellas are the best.

One of my sons needs prayer in a terrible way. He is living, but has chosen a way of life that is dead. His name is Jordan, please pray for him please, it would be greatly appreciated from his mother and me. Thanx, Calvin
      Calvin, it breaks my heart to read this! I know exactly what you are going through. I don't know what your faith background is, but I can tell you, that were it not for faith in God Almighty, I don't think I'd have survived the tragedy of losing my only son. My son struggled with a dark lifestyle from early adulthood. He was a good kid, was in church in his early childhood, but once he and his sister got involved in team sports, our whole family focus shifted and shifted badly away from church and an education in faith. Church got in the way with baseball, basketball, softball, swimming, fishing, hunting, you name it...

At age 22, my son decided enough was enough and we moved back into church life. It saved him literally. He accepted Jesus as his personal savior and began to walk in a different light. His friends changed, and the very countenance of his face changed from dark to one of joy... You can look at old pictures of him and pics of him before he passed, and he was a totally different person...

If I were you, I'd love on him and do whatever you can to get him involved in a church that is a Bible-teaching church. Many churches around the state have a program called Celebrate Recovery which is a Christian-based 12 step program for all manner of substance abuse and addictive practices of all types. I'd highly recommend this program. I have seen so many successful outcomes from these programs! Now my son had a brief relapse when an old acquaintance came back into his life and it literally cost him his earthly life. It was totally devastating to our family and is pretty well demonstrated through old threads on here... BUT! and it's a big But, it did not cost him his eternal life and salvation. My son discipled many people people he came in contact with, and he was a powerful warrior for Christ. His heart was right with the Lord and when he sinned his final time, the Lord took him Home... Without the knowledge of that and the hope my wife and I have to see him once again when we are called home, I don't think either of us would have survived the tragedy of losing him.

Calvin, I will pray for Jordon daily. I will pray that he come to his senses and turn his life around. To do it though, he needs the Lord. Please help him in that in any way that you can.
      God Bless you sir and may He rescue you and your family from this pure hell on earth!

Comment

I have read every post on here today and I have tears running down my face as well while I type this post. I am so sorry for all the Father's on here that had to go thru Father's Day or several years of Father's Days without there child and/or a Father by there side. I know first hand and I just wanted to say I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy. I myself have lost two children.....a 7 year old Son to a drowning accident in May 2002 and a 17 year old Daughter to a four wheeler accident in August 2004 and I also lost my Dad in October 2013 to Heart Failure.
        It is very difficult for me to even make it thru the day; year after year, but I keep praying everyday for the Lord to help me work thru it and make another year.

I didn't read this until today and I just wanted to say;
        God Bless Everyone....What a great group of Folks!!

Comment

Wow Coop, sure sorry to hear about such a close group of tragedies for you and your family!! That's a lot for any man to bear... You hang onto the Lord and lean on Him sir!
          God Bless you!

Comment

Yes sir, it is a rough road for sure... Thank you

Comment

Prayers for all you gentlemen that this pertains to. I can’t begin to imagine.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                I have read every post on here today and I have tears running down my face as well while I type this post. I am so sorry for all the Father's on here that had to go thru Father's Day or several years of Father's Days without there child and/or a Father by there side. I know first hand and I just wanted to say I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy. I myself have lost two children.....a 7 year old Son to a drowning accident in May 2002 and a 17 year old Daughter to a four wheeler accident in August 2004 and I also lost my Dad in October 2013 to Heart Failure.
                It is very difficult for me to even make it thru the day; year after year, but I keep praying everyday for the Lord to help me work thru it and make another year.

I didn't read this until today and I just wanted to say;
                God Bless Everyone....What a great group of Folks!!
                Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                Yes sir, it is a rough road for sure... Thank you
                Prayers Clint......God Bless you sir. I just can't comprehend doing this twice.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  Praying for you and your son sir. PM sent
                  Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Calvin, it breaks my heart to read this! I know exactly what you are going through. I don't know what your faith background is, but I can tell you, that were it not for faith in God Almighty, I don't think I'd have survived the tragedy of losing my only son. My son struggled with a dark lifestyle from early adulthood. He was a good kid, was in church in his early childhood, but once he and his sister got involved in team sports, our whole family focus shifted and shifted badly away from church and an education in faith. Church got in the way with baseball, basketball, softball, swimming, fishing, hunting, you name it...

At age 22, my son decided enough was enough and we moved back into church life. It saved him literally. He accepted Jesus as his personal savior and began to walk in a different light. His friends changed, and the very countenance of his face changed from dark to one of joy... You can look at old pictures of him and pics of him before he passed, and he was a totally different person...

If I were you, I'd love on him and do whatever you can to get him involved in a church that is a Bible-teaching church. Many churches around the state have a program called Celebrate Recovery which is a Christian-based 12 step program for all manner of substance abuse and addictive practices of all types. I'd highly recommend this program. I have seen so many successful outcomes from these programs! Now my son had a brief relapse when an old acquaintance came back into his life and it literally cost him his earthly life. It was totally devastating to our family and is pretty well demonstrated through old threads on here... BUT! and it's a big But, it did not cost him his eternal life and salvation. My son discipled many people people he came in contact with, and he was a powerful warrior for Christ. His heart was right with the Lord and when he sinned his final time, the Lord took him Home... Without the knowledge of that and the hope my wife and I have to see him once again when we are called home, I don't think either of us would have survived the tragedy of losing him.

Calvin, I will pray for Jordon daily. I will pray that he come to his senses and turn his life around. To do it though, he needs the Lord. Please help him in that in any way that you can.
                    God Bless you sir and may He rescue you and your family from this pure hell on earth!
                    Thanx SWS. We go to an AG church and raised all of our children in it, if that's what you were asking. At our house, serving the LORD is a daily thing. Jordan started at a young age working in the church and did so all the way through high school. College is where he took a wrong turn and has gone to a life style that isn't good. So pray for him, he lives in Missouri now and has nothing to do with us anymore.

Thanx Calvin

Comment

Calvin, I absolutely will. At this point all you can do is pray for him and make sure he knows you love him... you may hate his sin, but He's your son and no matter what, there's no greater gift God can give a man than a son. I hurt for you sir! However your son is still on the green side of the grass, and there's hope. I will join you in praying for him and I will pray for you as well. I will ask the Lord to show you how to reach out to him that he know you are his father and that you still love him as a son.

Lord Jesus, You have promised us that You will answer our prayers if only we ask them believing in Your will, that You will fill our every need. Right now Lord, we lift up Jordan to You for conviction of whatever his sin my be that has this family torn apart. Lord we know that sin can drive us from our family and from You. We do not want such a separation. We want fellowship with You. We ask You Lord Jesus to show Calvin the right way to love his son. Lord we thank You for that son and we ask You to show Calvin a way to return his son to the family and accept their love. Heal his sin Lord. Specifically Lord I pray that You will convict Jordan to the point that it is crystal clear that You are with him and You are ready to receive his prayer for forgiveness. Please Lord, do not give up on him. He is a young man and has the potential of a long and fruitful life ahead of him. We ask Lord show Jordan that potential that brings about conviction and repentance. Show Calvin Your love and patience, and give him peace that he and Jordan's mother have done their job in raising Jordan right, in Your way Lord. Most of all Lord, we ask you to heal this family and reunite them under Your heavenly covenant. In the name of Your Son Jesus we pray, Amen.

Comment

This thread right here!!!!
                        It is by far the toughest read every year...……..you MEN are the among the strongest ever. Continued prayers as I have no words.

Comment

Yessir, lot of good men on TBH.

Comment

My prayers are with all. May the Lords love be with each of you.

Comment

Once again, my yearly bump of this Father’s Day thread. Spent a little time at the cemetery last week visiting with Jerod. There’s been so many things he’s missed that I sure would have liked to have shared with him.

Updating my list to include my fellow TBH brothers. Love you guys!
                              Please help me add or include any that I’m not aware of that I’ve missed.

SaltwaterSlick
                              Toolman
                              Fishndude
                              MertzonMan
                              Texas Grown
                              Shooter
                              BearKills
                              TexaRican
                              Mike Javi Cooper
                              Sharecropper
                              Leonhogboy
                              Cooper
                              Kingfisher

God Bless all dads and may you all have a wonderful Father’s Day.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Prayers up for all Dads out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X