Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Daughtrey e-postcard archery hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Daughtrey e-postcard archery hunt?

Anyone ever done it? My son and I got drawn for it this year. We have hunted Daughtrey a couple of times on the general hunts but never the postcard archery hunt. Apparently it takes place in areas that are not open or accessible on other hunts and require a boat to get to or "significant hike". Would love to hear about others experiences there on this type of hunt.

nobody?

Comment

Hi Txfire, I have nothing to add other than I also got drawn for Daughtrey and am really interested in what you find out

Comment

Originally posted by Village View Post
        Hi Txfire, I have nothing to add other than I also got drawn for Daughtrey and am really interested in what you find out
        you got drawn for the postcard archery hunt or a general hunt?

Comment

The e-postcard archery hunt.

Comment

The e-postcard archery hunt.
            you planning on taking a boat or hiking in?

Comment

I plan on hiking in. Compartments 14 & 15 seem to require the most walking. I'm actually looking forward to some hiking.

Comment

I also was drawn this year for the e-postcard hunt. i'm not sure i'll be able to make it after some schedule changes. I hate to miss out on a free 5 day hunt though.

Comment

I plan on hiking in. Compartments 14 & 15 seem to require the most walking. I'm actually looking forward to some hiking.
                  I was told by staff there that the areas for the postcard hunt are not accessible to anyone on the other hunts or any other time of the year. You can drive right into units 14 and 15 so I dont think they are an option for this hunt.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Txfire! See you out there.

Comment

I got drawn as well. Looks like I will see you there. Wish I could get some info from people that have hunted it before.

Comment

looks like i won't be able to make it so there will be at least one standby tag available.

Comment

Originally posted by willisdm View Post
                          I got drawn as well. Looks like I will see you there. Wish I could get some info from people that have hunted it before.
                          The reason there's no info is because this is the first year for this hunt. Less walking & dragging game if you take a boat. Only problem would be a cold front don't know how rough the lake gets.

Comment

Towboater, good info. I didn't realize that this was the first year for it. Me and a buddy will be bringing a small flat bottom so I hope it does not get to choppy. Other than that it should be interesting. Sure will be better than working though.

Comment

Who will be camping at the primitive site on Daughtrey?

Comment

Working...
                              X