Richland Creek youth hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
    I drove below the dam after sunset last night and saw at least 100 deer out in that big pasture. Some groups of 20 or more deer. There was one group of probably 12 bucks. Crazy.

Nice deer!
    That's the "Forbidden Zone" owned by Tarrant County Water District. Haven't checked it out this year, but you would be surprised at what bucks you might see there. We invested in some spotting scopes a few years back for the sole purpose of wildlife viewing.We would have people stop and ask to take a look too and their jaws would drop. Heavy racks, wide racks, drop tines and a surprising number of palmated racks. Definatly good genetics are thriving there!
    Only the remains of Chambers creek separate it from the RC unit, you can't help but dream of the bucks that nobody has seen!

Comment

I lease 500+ acres on the other side of the river across from Compartment 11. I'm curious to know how hard it is to get drawn for a bow or rifle deer hunt? like how realistically are we talking? Also have seen 140, 150 and even 160" deer when the river floods.

Have also seen 2 albinos when it flooded last year and 100+ deer in an evening hunt. The river really brings the monsters out from the WMA when it rises.

Comment

Very nice. Good job young man

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CayugaBowHunter View Post
          I lease 500+ acres on the other side of the river across from Compartment 11. I'm curious to know how hard it is to get drawn for a bow or rifle deer hunt? like how realistically are we talking? Also have seen 140, 150 and even 160" deer when the river floods.

Have also seen 2 albinos when it flooded last year and 100+ deer in an evening hunt. The river really brings the monsters out from the WMA when it rises.
          Rediculously hard. Not worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
            Rediculously hard. Not worth the effort.
            Its stupid considering the place used to be type 2 public land 1999 and before and you could bowhunt deer all season with the $48 permit. I haven't drawn a deer hunt there in over 10 years.

Comment

Wow. Haha would love to hunt That south side. Can only imagine what no one has ever seen over there.

Comment

Originally posted by CayugaBowHunter View Post
                Wow. Haha would love to hunt That south side. Can only imagine what no one has ever seen over there.
                I'm sure the WMA managers know what lives there...

Comment

Highly doubt they know EVERY single deer they have over there. Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X