Any city owned archery ranges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any city owned archery ranges?

I work for Georgetown Parks and Recreation and we are considering building a archery range for programming and possible public use. My question is do you know of any city owned archery ranges? If so, please share some details to help us make some decisions as we begin the planning process. Thanks in advance.

Austin

Comment

As mentioned Austin is. I was president of it 13-14 years ago so feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Comment

Spring Creek Park in Tomball has an archery range. I believe it is county owned(Harris), but it's pretty neat.

Comment

Elm Fork Shooting Sports in Dallas

Comment

I like what I'm hearing.

Comment

The woodlands and spring both have one. Carter park and the other one I can’t remember the name of. Both use hay bag targets inside of covered boxes. Pretty nice spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice archery range would be nice. I live in Round Rock so it sure would be close.

Comment

More municipalities need to do this...

Comment

Tomball's is nice

Austin's Colony Park in Bryan has one

There used to be one in Lick Creek Park but I havent been to that one in a few years

Comment

I want one in Cypress/Katy

Comment

Isn’t Waco Range city owned?? I know the club has help from city workers maintaining the range (or at least that’s what I was told)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. What are the max distances at these ranges? Are they staffed or self policed? Any restrictions on max draw weight?

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                            Thanks for the feedback. What are the max distances at these ranges? Are they staffed or self policed? Any restrictions on max draw weight?
                            Look here. Alabama has a great community archery park system. You should also look into getting grant funding thru Texas Parks and Wildlife and ATA (Archery Trade Association).

They started out with one archery park in Cullman, Alabama a few years ago. They now have 17 archery parks in operation.

Official Web Site of Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Arrowsmith; 07-28-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Its either in scottsdale or in phoenix. Its right by the papgo mountains and has about 10 lanes, all with 3ft targets that you can move back to 100 yards

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X