Land in the mountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    We lived outside of Florence Colorado in the Wet Mountains. Had mule deer, bear, lion, badger , turkeys, Fox. It was great. We lived at 6,100 ft. Now remember, your a mile closer to the sun. It can 30 degrees outside and your shoveling snow and sweating your tail off. And getting sun burned as well.
    Most of Colorado is conservative; however, the voting block is controlled in Denver and Boulder. We lived 39 miles west of Pueblo off of highway 50 towards Florence. Lots of pot farms, lots of “sovereign” citizens, lots of homelessness in the big cities. We lived in a gated subdivision with 35 acre lots. No problems at all. Locke Mountain Estates was the name of it. I hated coming back down here to the heat and mosquitos. Sux.
    We were neighbors! We lived in Canon City.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      If you have another year, my wife's sister and bro-in-law will be selling their's in Island Park, ID next year. They spend the summers up there, and we have visited every Sept but this year. It is directly across fro the fish hatchery on Henry's Lake. Two bedroom two bath and a cool cabin with lots of history. Check out Joseph Sheridan at Henry's Lake. They took this 1930's era log cabin down to the walls and studs and rebuilt/enlarged it. They have seen bear and a moose in their yard, and it is 10-15 miles either direction to some of the best trour fishing in the US. I can send pictures if you get serious, but thay plan on one more summer before selling. It is 10 miles or so from the Montana border.
      Oops. I meant Joseph Sherwood, a pioneer, settlor, entrepreneur, inventor, etc. Their cabin is right next door to his old store and hotel, which is vacant. Her’s a picture of their cabin in the snow:

Click image for larger version

Name:	221C7977-0014-4CAF-B473-F457036A7B37.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	24629070

Comment

Originally posted by BearkatHunter View Post
        So my goal for retirement is to escape this Texas heat and build a cabin in the Rockies. Stay in Texas September through May, then escape into the mountains.

Requirements:

1. A state and city that is ok with my scary lil AR friends and other relatives.

2. Not super liberal

3. No crazy taxes

4. Access to utilities. Not a requirement but would be nice.

5. Not about 85 degrees in the daytime and not above 70 at night.

Looking for 1 - ? acres. Ideally near public lands.

Really open on anything in NM, WY, MT, ID, east Washington. Thoughts? ideas?
        I've got 8 acres for sale in SW Colorado that checks off all your boxes.

Comment

Somewhere near Spokane, land is affordable, its an open carry state, CHL is 48 bucks. That area is very conservative. You would be 4ish hours from Montana.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X