Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May be moving to Dallas...Need some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
    I agree with....Don't do it.

I lived in DFW 64.5 years. It has got real crazy in the last 10-15 years.

We have escaped the madness!!!
    Quitter!

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
      Don't

This^^^^
      Dallas and all surrounding areas suck!
      I’ve lived in Farmers Branch and Carrollton.
      Never again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

To save your sanity, I'd draw a 5 mile circle around your office and only look there. Traffic will be brutal all the time.

I'd choose my sanity and my free time over saving a few bucks living an hour away from the office.

Comment

The office is located right by Addison airport. On Westgove...

Not excited to leave SA but it may potentially be an opportunity I "can't" refuse. Not going to sell the house here in SA as I'm sure I'll be back later on in life but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
            This^^^^
            Dallas and all surrounding areas suck!
            I’ve lived in Farmers Branch and Carrollton.
            Never again!

Can you elaborate a little more please?

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
            To save your sanity, I'd draw a 5 mile circle around your office and only look there. Traffic will be brutal all the time.

I'd choose my sanity and my free time over saving a few bucks living an hour away from the office.
            I agree 100%. Time in traffic is better spent on me/family. I'm an early riser so eventually I plan on being at the office early and leaving early if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
              The office is located right by Addison airport. On Westgove...

Not excited to leave SA but it may potentially be an opportunity I "can't" refuse. Not going to sell the house here in SA as I'm sure I'll be back later on in life but who knows.
              when you get settled, let me know, we'll do lunch. I'm right down the road from you.

Comment

I was born in Dallas and lived in the area my whole life. You just have to have some patience and its not that bad. I live in Allen and drive 28 miles into Dallas every day. I'll take Dallas traffic over Houston any day.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                  Can you elaborate a little more please?

I agree 100%. Time in traffic is better spent on me/family. I'm an early riser so eventually I plan on being at the office early and leaving early if necessary.

Traffic, rude people, power tripping police, crime,air pollution, the list goes on and on...
                  It may be for some but me personally will avoid Dallas and surrounding areas like the plague.

I had a dirt bike stolen from my backyard in Farmers Branch.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                    when you get settled, let me know, we'll do lunch. I'm right down the road from you.
                    Roger that...Thx.

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
                    Traffic, rude people, power tripping police, crime,air pollution, the list goes on and on...
                    It may be for some but me personally will avoid Dallas and surrounding areas like the plague.

I had a dirt bike stolen from my backyard in Farmers Branch.

Yeah...that's all over unfortunately. Almost have to live on acreage to be more theft resistant IMHO. For now I'm just looking for a place to sleep during the week. Still have my house/stuff in SA for now until I decide to live in something more permanent.

So far it looks like Grapevine is as far west as I can get to stay under a 1hr commute to work.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                      Mesquite if you can speak spanish
                      This just made my day

Personally I would live as far out of the metroplex as you can get. With all the building and developments, being north of 380 doesn't mean you're out in the country anymore. You pretty much have to go up past pilot point or Gunter before you get out in the country. If you go east you have to get to Van Alstyne before you're out of the circus. Up near Whitewright where our place is probably too far, but it's definitely rural if that's what you're looking for.
                      Last edited by Arrowthreat; 09-24-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

PM sent

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Like Amon Carter said “Fort Worth, where the west begins. Dallas, where the east peters out. “ [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Dallas is full of yanks

Comment

Good grief. I've been driving around here as long as I have had my drivers license. It ain't that bad! Just stay out of Mosers left lane and you'll do fine.

Comment

Addison is a cool place, more upscale than a lot of areas of dallas. It has the highest density of restaurants per mile of road. Lots of festivals and one of the biggest 4th of July fireworks displays around. You do not want to have a significant commute in dallas traffic. Everyone and their dog has moved N up near the 380 corridor and places like Frisco, Prosper, Little Elm are now becoming confining and running out of room. Even with the toll roads you will be sitting in traffic at length at times especially at peak of rush hour. A lot of these guys telling you it's not bad are doing a small stretch to work and leaving early for work and getting back home before 5. It is an absolute nightmare and I would suggest you find something north of Addison along Preston rd. Avoid 75 and 380.

Comment

Working...
                                X