Would it be crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be crazy

To pass up a lease in Leakey with exotics for $1200/spot? I know the answer, but I'm considering it as crazy as it sounds.

With everything from our first born, to expecting another little one, I was figuring to sit out of the leasing scene for a few more years. Plus, I killed my biggest buck ever on a local place I hunt for free. Lastly, although there are mulitple spots, I was only offered one for right now, leaving out the possibility of hunting with my uncle and brother.

But places like this are just unheard of. 200 acres a person, cabin, electricity and soon to be water, aoudad, axis, fallow, and the guys on it are distant family and as good of folks as they come. Plus, I want my son to grow up going to lease and experiencing what camp life is about. Those are some of my fondest memories growing up.

I just can't decide what to do! $1200 is cheap enough that I can manage for these next few years. How much time would I be afforded with a newborn and 1 yr old. So many questions lol!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I would pay the 1200 even if I didn't get to hunt this year just to reserve a spot for future years.

Comment

I would not pass that up. Even if you don't hunt much this year. Year round you can go anytime you want.

Comment

I got a 9 month old but I would be all over that. Even if you only get out for a single weekend you are getting your money's worth.

Comment

It is never crazy to do what is best for your family. A deal like that probably won’t come along often but It sounds like you will get plenty of other opportunities to hunt.

If I was closer I would say I would sign a lease contract saying I would hunt it for a few years, holding your spot and give it up when things settled down for you!

Comment

Give it to me!

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
              I would pay the 1200 even if I didn't get to hunt this year just to reserve a spot for future years.
              This

Comment

Pay it. Do day hunts.

Comment

I haven’t ever leased before, but this one would probably get me. It’s about 6 hrs away from me, but with amenities and exotics... Personally, I’d give it a go.

Comment

I definitely would do it

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      To pass up a lease in Leakey with exotics for $1200/spot? I know the answer, but I'm considering it as crazy as it sounds.

With everything from our first born, to expecting another little one, I was figuring to sit out of the leasing scene for a few more years. Plus, I killed my biggest buck ever on a local place I hunt for free. Lastly, although there are mulitple spots, I was only offered one for right now, leaving out the possibility of hunting with my uncle and brother.

But places like this are just unheard of. 200 acres a person, cabin, electricity and soon to be water, aoudad, axis, fallow, and the guys on it are distant family and as good of folks as they come. Plus, I want my son to grow up going to lease and experiencing what camp life is about. Those are some of my fondest memories growing up.

I just can't decide what to do! $1200 is cheap enough that I can manage for these next few years. How much time would I be afforded with a newborn and 1 yr old. So many questions lol!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      What is your support situation?

When my kiddos were that young, we still lived in Louisiana and our family were 30 minutes away. Our challenge was trying to remember which Grandma was due her turn to baby sit.

Now, when they get older and start getting into school activities as well as sports, that is where you're going to decided do you have time for a lease.

Comment

Don’t pass it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

pass it to me :-)

Comment

Heck I'd take it, and let you have dibs on it when you want it back

Comment

What's crazy is that you should pass up the deal and txt me the lease info. Talk about triggered...!!! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X