Built a reloading bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built a reloading bench

This is something I’ve been wanting to do for a while but I’m by no means a handy guy when it comes to wood. I’ve had all my reloading stuff at my brothers house for the last few years finally built a good table.

It’s 27”x8’ 40”tall so I can stand or sit on a stool it should work good. The frame is made of 4x4 legs and 2x6 framing with 3/4” ply wood decking. The shelf is all 1x6 and 11/32 plywood.

It’s by no means the best and there are lots of flaws but this is the biggest project I’ve ever done out of wood. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	25139088Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	25139089Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	25139090

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017.jpg
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	24531190Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	24531191

Comment

Looks good ! I wish mine were longer, crap happens and you run out of room !

Comment

I like it! Was this from a set of plans or did you just knock it together? Got a materials list by any chance? This is exactly what I need. I'm great at metalworking but dead tree carcass is my weakness...I just don't do it ever so I wouldn't know where to begin with something this nice.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Looks like it’ll work just fine.

Comment

Looks good to me. My only suggestion is to clean it off and then paint it white. Helps to find little pieces when they get away from you.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                Looks good to me. My only suggestion is to clean it off and then paint it white. Helps to find little pieces when they get away from you.
                Top it with a sheet of 1/4” white board. 1/16” x 3/4” aluminum angle around the edges for the corners. Now you have a large scratch pad. Take ten minutes to replace when it gets dinged up.

Comment

Man, it looks great.

I don't see a single flaw and would like to know where you got your plans.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GrapeApe View Post
                      I like it! Was this from a set of plans or did you just knock it together? Got a materials list by any chance? This is exactly what I need. I'm great at metalworking but dead tree carcass is my weakness...I just don't do it ever so I wouldn't know where to begin with something this nice.
                      I built it off of looking at other benches online and slapped it together. I can get you a materials list.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                        I built it off of looking at other benches online and slapped it together. I can get you a materials list.
                        Very nice! Exactly what I’m looking to do. Did you fasten all the shelving with glue and nail gun or did you use screws?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                          Very nice! Exactly what I’m looking to do. Did you fasten all the shelving with glue and nail gun or did you use screws?
                          I just used screws the shelves kicked my butt!

Comment

Very nice bench.

Comment

Great job, looks awesome man!

Comment

Working...
                              X