Fried Catfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
    Anybody do anything different than cornmeal with Fried Catfish? Post up what you got.
    I'm a fan of regular old corn meal and putting fish in mustard.

Comment

I like mine dipped in mustard and spicy uncle bucks but ranch dressing is pretty good too

Comment

I use a mix of flour and cornmeal. If you let the fillet rest for about 5 min before putting in the oil the breading will stay and it will get crisp.

Comment

Beer batter gets it tasting good, crispy and juicy on the inside.

Comment

Little flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper.

Comment

Cant say i fry a lot fish but if i did i would use panko bread crumbs. Make a simple egg wash with some tabassco or louisana hot sauce. Take fillet dip in wash, roll in bread crumbs and fry it

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                Cant say i fry a lot fish but if i did i would use panko bread crumbs. Make a simple egg wash with some tabassco or louisana hot sauce. Take fillet dip in wash, roll in bread crumbs and fry it
                When I do that with fish or shrimp, I hit them with flour or corn starch first. The flour or corn starch sticks very well to the flesh and the wash and Panko hold better.

Comment

I put my fish in a bowl with honey mustard ranch dressing and eggs. I also had garlic and some sort of seasoning. Then I use Tony's fish fry to batter it with. This will take the fishy taste out.

Comment

La. fish fry has a great mixture of everything you need in it.

Comment

Soak em in buttermilk and Louisiana hot sauce. Then batter with Zatarain's crispy fish fri. Both the lemon and garlic are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        La. fish fry has a great mixture of everything you need in it.
                        Yessir. I use the one with lemon and fry in 375* peanut oil. Can't beat it, I promise you.

And when they float, they're done.

Comment

I like to coat mine with horse radish mustard, then drop them in a bag of LA Fish Fry, shake them to get a good coating and drop them in the hot oil. Only a couple of miuntes and they are floating, ready to eat. Crisp on the outside and moist on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasm1976 View Post
                            I put my fish in a bowl with honey mustard ranch dressing and eggs. I also had garlic and some sort of seasoning. Then I use Tony's fish fry to batter it with. This will take the fishy taste out.
                            Why would you want to take the fish taste out of fish?

I guess I'm in the minority, but that's one reason I don't eat Tilapia. It's got no taste at all. I like my fish to taste like fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasm1976 View Post
                              I'm confused? Wouldn't you want fish to taste like fish? If it didn't then it would just be flakey chicken?

Comment

Egg wash, cornmeal, flour, Tony C's and a little bit of Old Bay...Good Stuff, going fishin this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X