Nacho Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nacho Experts

What is the best cheese to use when making nachos? I have tried American and cheddar but they are nothing like you get at restaurants. What do they use and where can you get it?

sharp cheddar!!!

Comment

Try monterrey jack. I think it will melt better than chedder.

Comment

2 boxes of american cheese
        1/2 cup of onion
        1/2 cup celery
        1/2 cup green bell pepper

combine onion , celery, bell pepper in a food processor and get it really fine. then put it in a skillet with water and cook it for a few min. to soften the onion and bell pepper.

combine cheese and bell pepper,onion,celery in pot and heat it up, you may need to add a little water to make it not as thick.
        that is the casa ole recipe. i love it

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
          2 boxes of american cheese
          1/2 cup of onion
          1/2 cup celery
          1/2 cup green bell pepper

combine onion , celery, bell pepper in a food processor and get it really fine. then put it in a skillet with water and cook it for a few min. to soften the onion and bell pepper.

combine cheese and bell pepper,onion,celery in pot and heat it up, you may need to add a little water to make it not as thick.
          that is the casa ole recipe. i love it
          Yum! Im gonna try this tomorrow, is it really the casa ole recipe?!? there goes my diet!!!

Comment

just made it... eating right now. Its great. instead of adding water to thin it out, I just used extra onion, celery, and bell pepper.. these added extra liquid so it was thin enough.

Comment

nachos and american cheese just aint right....

I have always found that a fresh block of cheddar cheese shredded by hand (greasier when melted) is alot better than pre-packaged dried up shredded cheddar junk. Do you want cheese that sticks on the nacho or dripping ballpark queso like cheese?

Comment

Working...
              X