No announcement yet.

Opioid lace fliers delivered to Harris Cty SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tell you what's driving the heroine fentanyl epidemic, it's the crack down on prescribed opioids. I now have to take a course in controlled substance prescribing every three years, I am tracked in what I prescribe, and I can't call in schedule II drugs. Starting in 2019, I have to check the state controlled drug database on every patient that I prescribe controlled drugs for. This all takes time and money, and virtually all prescribers are cutting back on pain prescriptions due the expense, time, hassle, and not wanting to be under the microscope of state and federal agencies. In every state where this crack down has occurred on prescribers, addiction to and death from fentanyl and heroine has gone through the roof. Addicts discover that illicit drugs are far cheaper than prescription drugs and it fuels their continued and increasing use. They are also far more dangerous. BTW, I got this information at the mandatory prescriber course that I'm mandated to take now. Addicts still get what they want, and patients who truly need prescribed pain meds for their comfort are who really gets hurt by this.

Comment

Now that the cartels in Mexico are making meth in mass quantities I can see them stepping up and manufacturing fentanyl as well as other opioids. It's probably already being done.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        The vest adds 25 lbs. [emoji15][emoji108]
        How many vests you wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
          ok.. i laughed pretty loudly at this....
          Sorry Bobby..

Comment

No time to worry about Fentanyl. We got people out there smoking pot guys. Lets stay focused.

Comment

If you need some help on this, Bobby, I'm your man!

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                BAM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  I'll tell you what's driving the heroine fentanyl epidemic, it's the crack down on prescribed opioids. I now have to take a course in controlled substance prescribing every three years, I am tracked in what I prescribe, and I can't call in schedule II drugs. Starting in 2019, I have to check the state controlled drug database on every patient that I prescribe controlled drugs for. This all takes time and money, and virtually all prescribers are cutting back on pain prescriptions due the expense, time, hassle, and not wanting to be under the microscope of state and federal agencies. In every state where this crack down has occurred on prescribers, addiction to and death from fentanyl and heroine has gone through the roof. Addicts discover that illicit drugs are far cheaper than prescription drugs and it fuels their continued and increasing use. They are also far more dangerous. BTW, I got this information at the mandatory prescriber course that I'm mandated to take now. Addicts still get what they want, and patients who truly need prescribed pain meds for their comfort are who really gets hurt by this.

This is 100% spot on. I also work in the medical field directly with pain management physicians and their patients. The DEA crack down on PM clinics has directly led to the heroin overdose epidemic today. Patients and street users who were addicted to Lortab, oxycontin, suboxone, and dilaudid are now buying heroin off the street to feed their high. High level drug dealers are cutting heroin and lacing weed with fentanyl. Even touching fentanyl can kill you

Comment

The flip side to this is the over prescribing of narcotic pain meds led to the opioid epidemic to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      The flip side to this is the over prescribing of narcotic pain meds led to the opioid epidemic to begin with.
                      follow the money trail …… because PM clinics and prescription opioids were not regulated early on by Uncle Sam, the "greed" to become instant millionaires led to the over prescribing of oxycontin, which led to where we are today. Big Pharma also knows what's going on, and there is a reason why they pay millions to lobbyists in DC. It's ALL about money !

good story I posted last fall
                      http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...light=fentanyl

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        In my humble opinion, it is mostly the fault of the addicts.

Comment

I totally agree!

Comment

I partially agree with you, but I also know enough otherwise “normal” folks who weren’t addicted prior to receiving pain meds for normal medical procedures.

My take on addiction is a bit different, I believe we are all addicted to something, certain substances exacerbate it.

Comment

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences tested 13 flyers, as well as clothing items and blood and urine samples from the sergeant who had symptoms related to drug-exposure. Those tests were all negative.

The sergeant was hospitalized after she removed a flyer from her windshield Tuesday in the 600 block of Lockwood. As she drove away she started feeling certain fentanyl-related symptoms, including a tingling sensation, dizziness, impaired vision and a headache, according to the sheriff’s office. She was released from the hospital later that day.

Any other news besides what the media is reporting?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                                Now that the cartels in Mexico are making meth in mass quantities I can see them stepping up and manufacturing fentanyl as well as other opioids. It's probably already being done.
                                Build that wall

Comment

Working...
                                X