X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA for the sharpening challenged!!!!

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
    2 blade do a great job on the RADA.

I guess it’s all a matter of personal preference. I have 2 Rada’s and they do not get the blades as sharp as I want them to be!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sharpening was something I was taught when I was very young. I wouldn't say it's something I have fun at but it is very satisfying to do. I carry a couple of stones in my truck to work with. I have a replacement blade knife but I can resharpen and reuse the blades as well.
      I doubt a three blade fixed head would work in that though.
      A friend gets his knives scary sharp with a Work Sharp unit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have tried a work sharp, and while it did fine on knives, it did not do well enough to suit me on broadheads. For me, this Chef’s Choice is a much better option for broadheads.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          I guess it’s all a matter of personal preference. I have 2 Rada’s and they do not get the blades as sharp as I want them to be!

Bisch

Okay, since somebody else brought it up again

I had my doubts at first about the RADA... looked like those other cheap sharpeners that seem to dull a blade instead of sharpening them.

However with the RADA, I seem to be able to get any blade/shape hair shaving sharp.

Were you not able to shave hair after using the RADA, or is there some other test you are using?

Comment

My dad had the skill and patience to get a dog terd shaving sharp.
            Me, not so much.

The only luck I've had was after Farfromhome introduced me to a Warthog sharpener.
            I haven't tried it on a broadhead yet, as I don't shoot many two blades.

Comment

I don’t have a knack for it either. I actually can get a 3 blade VPA sharper than 2 blades I’ve tried. I’ve tried the rada sharpener on Simmons broadheads. I can get them sharp, but seems to take forever and never achieve the sharpness I like. Those Simmons were tough for me.

Comment

Rada's do OK for me. Get sharp but not "scary sharp" as some refer to. KME works well but I don't like to sharpen. I believe we have a Chef's Choice sharpener at home and I am gonna try it this evening. Glad you mentioned having to remove the blade from the ferrule.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  I have tried a work sharp, and while it did fine on knives, it did not do well enough to suit me on broadheads. For me, this Chef’s Choice is a much better option for broadheads.

Bisch

I use a Worksharp with great results.

BUT I had to adapt the "slide on guide" to get the results I wanted.

I simply used a dremel tool to cut the guide so that it would accept the ferrule.

Using a worksharp free hand was not consistent enough of an angle for my liking.

The Chef's Choice is probably the way I would go if I didn't already have a work sharp.

Comment

Working...
                  X