Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney and Lake Aquilla 2015 -2016 this is it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would bet all the ramps are already closed though I haven't checked

Comment

Grandbury currently releasing 51,200 CFPS. You bet once the river surge gets to the upper end of the W lake, it's gonna go up quick!

Current Lake W elevation is 15.77 ft above normal.

Dakota, it would not be a good idea to go out on the water. There will be more floating debris than you could ever imagine. I'm talking log jams several miles long. Big logs! And totally impassible. I've seen this lake do this a number of times. And with the projected flood height, it will be extremely dangerous. You might even get a ticket from law enforcement if ACE closes the lake to boating. Which should be very soon if not already. Reschedule your trip. It ain't worth taking the chance!

If anyone want's to see a real spectical, go to the Grandbury dam and get some pics while you can. It may be a good number of years before you may see it like this again.
      I "garrone-tee" you will be in Awe!

Stay out of the water folks! Stay safe.

Comment

Well guys I haven't been on here for awhile. My family has gone through some big changes this year. We grew by one and I finally got a full time fire job. New addition Seth Christian Robertson.
        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats LW.

Comment

Kimble bend bridge will be shut down for two to three weeks per TxDot.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
              Well guys I haven't been on here for awhile. My family has gone through some big changes this year. We grew by one and I finally got a full time fire job. New addition Seth Christian Robertson.
              Welcome Seth!
              LW, been wonder-n if you and the wife had any more plans on expanding the clan . Congrats on the new job too.

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
              Thanks for the update AD. Their gonna have to keep the heavy equipment handy for all the debris that will pile up against it's top and pillars. So the road has to be closed to use the cranes, back hoes, and such to move or push down the debris under the bridge. To much debris with the current, and it could put undue stress on the top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Welcome Seth!
                LW, been wonder-n if you and the wife had any more plans on expanding the clan . Congrats on the new job
                He was a suprise!

Comment

Well the Forest Princes now has a Ninja Prince to accompany her on their adventures that the King and Queen send them on.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
                    Yep. They shut it down today and are detouring people through Blum and around to 56 back to 174.

They are also recommending that people do not use the Brazos Point bridge due to concerns about structural integrity.

Comment

Y'all come out and eat, hang out and visit no, no strings attached. We just want to bless people and get to know folks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hard to believe that lake Whitney is releasing less than 2,200 CFPS. And the elevation is +27.77 feet above normal. Gotta save the folks down stream. And I think ACE is doing a darn good job of it!

PK releasing 16,000 CFPS
                        Grandbury releasing 32,300 CFPS.
                        Proctor sitting at +34.77 feet above normal. And releasing 12,284 CFPS. Lake Belton sits in the receiving end of this release. And is over +20 above normal now. That's down by Ft. Hood for those that don't know.

Comment

Oh, and Proctor is only 3" from reaching max flood pool.

Comment

Changes from ACE to Whitney

Comment

So, that is tonight.

LW, For some unexplained reason, your post did not show up when I first signed on this evening. Must be a conspiracy!
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-07-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X