Question about food plot inside of oaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about food plot inside of oaks

Well the other day my cousin finally helped me install some fencing to keep the cows out so I could start feeding the deer. Sadly I've never really paid attention to this area at my dads but come to find out its an oak flat next to a pound hidden remotely. I originally planned on planting in it with some clover. I have a good tree picked out which is down wind of the stand where I can come into without getting busted. Next to the area is 2 nice logging road pipelines I can look down. What would you guys recommend me planting with in there? North of the place is the national forest, west is open field, east is my dads cow pasture, and south is a mixture of young pines and cow pasture. Across the road was some over grown thick stuff but the neighbors just clear cut it and have already re planted with pines. Before it was clear cut it was a natural funnel for the deer to cross the road. You can clearly see where they either went under the fence or jumped it due to brush missing. I know Ineed to set cameras up to see the activity.
    Attached Files

The top photo is the pipeline heading out to a clearing that then turns into young pines. I need to trim some of the trees back so I can see clearly down that lane. To the left behind the sxs is another lane you can walk in that is wide enough to see down. To the right inside those pines is a nice big pond that never goes dry. You can actually see where the ground holds moisture where it over flows to where the trees are. Its hard to tell what is a deer trail or cattle trail because the cows go everywhere! I guess I could spend more time actually looking at the trials to see the hooves. I'm just curious should I plant something like clover, a honey hole mixture or what? I could also easily install some pipes feeders in there where they can eat free range.

Comment

Working...
    X