Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH Video Journal 23 "How to Cape a Trophy Buck's Rack" (Skinning Rack Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job

Comment

Good stuff Michael and Justin. This would really come in handy when killing axis bucks in the summer. Might have to start practicing myself.

Comment

Great video. I do 5 or 6 on a good year. I bring all my capes to the taxidermist this way. Wrapped starting with the nose into a ball and frozen. Don't have to buy a silly "cape saver" ice chest. I learned some cool tricks from taxidermist over the years. A flat head screw driver and a small rubber mallet can get the hide off the antler bases quick and clean. I just started doing the lips and nose from the front side like Justin did in the video after watching the taxidermist in New Mexico caping out my muley. It just takes practice and patience.
        Last edited by Jamesl; 02-06-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
          Good stuff Michael and Justin. This would really come in handy when killing axis bucks in the summer. Might have to start practicing myself.
          I'm a good student. Let me know if you need personal guidance at Deer Camp!
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Question...so you've caped your buck completely. Any guidance on skull plating him other than sawsall? Let the taxi cut them off when you deliver the cape so they do it how they prefer?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I'm a good student. Let me know if you need personal guidance at Deer Camp!
              I will do! Those big axis tear ducts are intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                Question...so you've caped your buck completely. Any guidance on skull plating him other than sawsall? Let the taxi cut them off when you deliver the cape so they do it how they prefer?
                I just bring in the whole skull and let them cut it out. If I did have to cut it out, I would leave plenty of skull plate attached.

Comment

Awesome video my friend!

Comment

Very informative and easy to follow. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X