Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

post your setup,what kind of stand do yall use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post your setup,what kind of stand do yall use?

Here's mine its a morphed together of 3 broke ladder stands that were on my fil's lease, doubles as a game cart
    Attached Files

Where you get the vine

Comment

Cool, How high up can you get?

I have a Summit Razor and a Lone Wolf Alpha sit and climb. I used the Summit all last year and I really liked it. I am going to try the Lone Wolf this year. I usually hunt anywhere from 25'-30' up.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakfishin View Post
        Where you get the vine
        It's actualy just limbs off a fake tree my wife was throwing out I just cut them off and zip tied them to the stand

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          Cool, How high up can you get?

I have a Summit Razor and a Lone Wolf Alpha sit and climb. I used the Summit all last year and I really liked it. I am going to try the Lone Wolf this year. I usually hunt anywhere from 25'-30' up.
          About 12-15 ft I myself don't like being much higher then that. I was using a climber last year was just a lot of work carrying it in along with my pack and bow

Comment

Originally posted by gr8whitehunter View Post
            It's actualy just limbs off a fake tree my wife was throwing out I just cut them off and zip tied them to the stand
            Good idea! Gonna try that!

Comment

I use a Summit Revolution. IMO the best stand Summit ever made, but only made for a couple years. Came out the same year the Goliath did. Was designed to compete with the Tree Lounge that was very popular at the time. I ditched the tree lounge to get the revolution.

J

Comment

Grand old man, back pack and bow sling. Hang backpack on back of stand.

Comment

just picked up a Summit Goliath, since I'm a larger man, not much out there. I'm pushing 300 so I'd be over the limit on most stands when I'm geared up. Can't wait to take it into the forest and try it out!

Comment

Jody, next time we are out to do some scouting, bring your stand and we can make sure your comfortable with it. I have a new Lone Wolf that I need to get more familiar with.

Comment

Climber, home made climber with huge platform, two ladder stands with wheels, some Non-Typical stacking steps to convert the climbers to hang-on stands, and 5 ground blinds/pop-ups. I like to adapt . Still need to get a couple of hang-on's

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                        Jody, next time we are out to do some scouting, bring your stand and we can make sure your comfortable with it. I have a new Lone Wolf that I need to get more familiar with.
                        Damian, I was gonna see if that was cool with y'all. Gonna take it out on a buddy's ranch next week sometime to try it on some oak trees, but not very many are tall enough to give me the feel for the height I am looking to hunt from.

Comment

I use a Summit Bush Master for Cabela's. It's very light 18 lbs and easy to pack in the deep woods.

Comment

15' ladder stands from Dicks and I'm trying a pop-up this year. I bought a Remingtom 360 from Academy and a Predator Den Blind from Cabelas.

Comment

In about 2 days I'll have a Summit Viper SS.
                              And in 2 days my current hand me down no name, rusty, heavy as a brick (20 bricks), will be going into the trash!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X