No announcement yet.

Prayers for Dad - Glory to God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad is a real fighter, alright. I cannot figure out if he understands what is happening or what. I do not think he knows he is dying and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. I wish I could or someone could tell him and he's stop being so cantankerous with us. Most of all, I wish he could talk to us.

Comment

Wife's sister had a stroke at 57. Talk about a life changing event.

Things can change in our lives so quickly we take things for granted

Like having a conversation with a family member

I'm sure he is frustrated

Prayers for a complete recovery

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My prayers go out for your dad and your whole family.

Comment

I feel for you. Like you said, the simple act of communication is so easily taken for granted until it is gone permanently.

I wish you the best, but for my father there will be no recovery.

Comment

Continued prayers for u and ur family. He’s definitely one hell of a fighter and lucky to have y’all there with him

Comment

God bless yall. I hate cancer.

Please keep him happy and pain free

Comment

Originally posted by 512robby View Post
                Wife's sister had a stroke at 57. Talk about a life changing event.

Things can change in our lives so quickly we take things for granted
                Like having a conversation with a family member
                I'm sure he is frustrated
                Prayers for a complete recovery
                Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
                Thanks, you are right. Even though his speech is very limited, if I watch and pay attention, he still communicates on some level. However, unlike many stroke patients, he doesn't even have that inner voice anymore due to the brain surgery and the cancer, so we cannot teach him to communicate through other means like hand signals, pictures or numbers.

He won't recover - he is in Hospice care now. His complete recovery will be when he joins God in heaven. And Praise be to God that he is not in any pain, the only blessing of this type of brain cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                  Thanks, you are right. Even though his speech is very limited, if I watch and pay attention, he still communicates on some level. However, unlike many stroke patients, he doesn't even have that inner voice anymore due to the brain surgery and the cancer, so we cannot teach him to communicate through other means like hand signals, pictures or numbers.

He won't recover - he is in Hospice care now. His complete recovery will be when he joins God in heaven. And Praise be to God that he is not in any pain, the only blessing of this type of brain cancer.
                  All of us are praying for relief and the final journey to the promised land.

God bless

Comment

So sorry to hear this. Just lost my FIL to cancer 2 weeks ago. F cancer. Prayers for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      So sorry to hear this. Just lost my FIL to cancer 2 weeks ago. F cancer. Prayers for everyone.
                      I'm so sorry to hear that. May you and your wife find peace in these hard times.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        My deeepest condolences as well. I hope you and your wife find peace in time

Comment

Working...
                        X