No announcement yet.

Investing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to have the play $ to put $5k on every stock that has the 'sure thing' TBH guarante. It be fun to look back a few years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
      I saw your post after I had already spend way too much time on my McDonalds diatribe. For grins, I did a five year comparison on ARWR to McD. How wild is THIS?!??!?

[ATTACH]966676[/ATTACH]
      Reinvesting the MCD dividends makes MCD the better investment.

Comment

If 2 years is your investment horizon, you did just fine. If 30 years, you did just fine too, don't worry too much about it.

Listen to Warren Buffetts advice - see article on his bet with a hedge fund that they couldn't beat the S&P 500 index. Very few managers can beat the S&P 500 PERIOD - not because they can't pick good stocks - because their fees eat up too much of the returns.

Managers add value in 1)protecting against downside risk and 2)estate planning/tax strategies. anyone else is selling snake oil. Vanguard index funds are about the lowest fees out there.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
          Reinvesting the MCD dividends makes MCD the better investment.
          When considering the thread's author's two-year time frame, there is no comparison between MCD and ARWR, even with MCD's divi's.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
            I'd love to have the play $ to put $5k on every stock that has the 'sure thing' TBH guarante. It be fun to look back a few years from now.
            Yes, I get the skepticism. It would be highly unlikely that I would make a stock purchase base upon someone's recommendation on an internet thread. I doubt anyone on here will even look at ARWR, let alone invest in it. Doing so would be foolish - if based solely on my recommendation.
            Never the less, here's what I really believe:
            ARWR will become the next Amgen-like pharmaceutical company and will be worth thousands per share.
            Crazy, huh?!

Comment

I've been with EJ since 2010 and have averaged 11% per year. Stocks have outperformed my mutual funds by far. My 401K is in the S&P 500 Index fund and essentially mirrors the S&P 500 performance.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals (ARWR). Only stock I own. Lowest price I bought at was $1.50. Highest I have bought was at $25.00. It is just getting started. Once in a lifetime opportunity. Will be $1000 in five years - conservatively (barring an economic collapse). I have millions in it. Do your own due diligence. Feel free to ask me questions.

I’m with you on this. Got in before the DPC ordeal and held through it. Added more shares after the crash and am still adding when I can. If the future of this company is headed where we think it is we’re going to be rewarded nicely. Ive already more than tripled what I’ve put in it. Just wish I had bought more near the bottom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lck90 View Post
                  I’m with you on this. Got in before the DPC ordeal and held through it. Added more shares after the crash and am still adding when I can. If the future of this company is headed where we think it is we’re going to be rewarded nicely. Ive already more than tripled what I’ve put in it. Just wish I had bought more near the bottom!

Nice! I never would've guessed that there would be another Arrowhead investor on TBH.
                  "....going to be rewarded nicely." Yes. That's putting it mildly. HBV alone will send it skyrocketing.

Comment

Nice! I never would've guessed that there would be another Arrowhead investor on TBH.

"....going to be rewarded nicely." Yes. That's putting it mildly. HBV alone will send it skyrocketing.

I’ve tried to convince a few close friends and family members to look into but none have taken my advice. They all act like they can’t believe the money I’ve made but none will actually buy any shares. Oh well...Their loss.

Comment

I play around on Robinhood app buying mainly mortgage reits, but I’ll buy a grand worth of arrowhead and wait and see...

Comment

Yes, I get the skepticism. It would be highly unlikely that I would make a stock purchase base upon someone's recommendation on an internet thread. I doubt anyone on here will even look at ARWR, let alone invest in it. Doing so would be foolish - if based solely on my recommendation.
                        Never the less, here's what I really believe:
                        ARWR will become the next Amgen-like pharmaceutical company and will be worth thousands per share.
                        Crazy, huh?!
                        I have looked at it and might put a couple grand in just for giggles.

Comment

If you have the time and interest learn to do it yourself. If not hire someone like Burnadell.

I enjoy it and know how to research stocks, technical analysis, and trade options. Wish I had more time to actively trade though.

Comment

Invest in a Vanguard fund with minimal fees that tracks the market and forget about it

Or

Get enough $ to invest where you can go to the wealth mgr. at the bigger houses who have access to information not readily available.Do an asset allocation that matches your age , goals and risk level and let them do the work while you focus on what you do best.

Comment

Originally posted by lck90 View Post
                              I’ve tried to convince a few close friends and family members to look into but none have taken my advice. They all act like they can’t believe the money I’ve made but none will actually buy any shares. Oh well...Their loss.

May have to sell the cannabis stock I have and switch to this. Average has taken a massive dump lately

Comment

I'm no expert but have followed this guys advice and one of his recommended portfolios for many years. We've done very well.

The Independent Guide for Vanguard Investors.

InvestorPlace provides millions of investors with insightful articles, free stock picks and stock market news.

Comment

Working...
                                X