Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirrel problem

I guess I'm going to have to shoot some. Lol

Dang tree rats destroyed my tomato crop this year. I've let them procreate for far too long it seems. The wife has deemed them as untouchable pets for years, but I think I'll have a freezer full come this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by jmack View Post
      Dang tree rats destroyed my tomato crop this year. I've let them procreate for far too long it seems. The wife has deemed them as untouchable pets for years, but I think I'll have a freezer full come this fall.

It's funny because I don't have any in my yard. This feeder is about 500 yards from my house and they live off of that feeder I guess.

Comment

Wow hope your stocked up on 22 shells

Comment

They live trap easy if you got some time for the ones that escape your shotgun.
          Never developed a taste for squirrel.

Big pig

Comment

LOL. That a lot of WoodRats

Comment

Need to get ya a gamo

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                Need to get ya a gamo
                We shoot em with 22s around here. I'm waiting for my silencer to come in. It's going to be my silent tree rat and coon killer.

Comment

Squirrels and dumplings is one of my favorites. Wrong time of the year to be eating em though they get pretty wormy.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    We shoot em with 22s around here. I'm waiting for my silencer to come in. It's going to be my silent tree rat and coon killer.
                    So same gun basically lol

Comment

No need for a .22-- Am waiting for my Sheridan 5mm Blue Streak to come back from the shop where it got a complete going over and new seals. Had it since '92 or so and it has 'done' a bunch of pests, from squirrels to grackles, to the crap machines that would sit on my boat dock (geese and ducks). Done a few other critters too. All it takes is 3 pumps for a squill or grackle, 5 max for anything else. Got an OLD! Browning version of the Redfield 3/4" tube scope on it and it's deadly.

Comment

So same gun basically lol

Not even close.

Comment

Not even close.
                          For sure!

Comment

Not even close.
                            .22 fps is around 1250 fps a gamo .177 is 1650 an as quite as a silenced .22 watch youtube videos of people dropping hogs with them

Comment

.22 fps is around 1250 fps a gamo .177 is 1650 an as quite as a silenced .22 watch youtube videos of people dropping hogs with them

Let's see. An 8 grain pellet moving at 1650 or a 32 grain CCI Stinger moving at 1640. Not to mention I don't have to cock my 22 and load every pellet by hand. I'm also accurate and deadly at 100 yards. And last but not least, I'm not paying $500 for a pellet gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X