Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
    Does anyone have a recommended set up for a solar charged, motion activated, IR light to put at a feeder?
    http://www.sniperhawglights.com/Feed...ght-s/1832.htm

I have a 66LRX for my rifle.
    I like it a whole lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

I like it a whole lot.
      That's a good plug and play option. I don't have any experience with the solar power part, but I have used this light with good results.

This sensor works well and is adjustable for motion, length of time, and ambient light. You would have to waterproof it though: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JLB0GM6
      Last edited by 35remington; 04-18-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Really don't want to read through 54 pages of info to get an answer if not necessary! Any recommendations for lower priced night vision monocular/binoculars? The Firefield 5x50 Nightfall 2 is calling my name at only $109 on Amazon but not sure if there is something better out there I should get instead.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
          does pulsar have a comparison chart on their different models:

What is different between the apex and trail?
          What is the difference between XQ and XP?
          Here is a Pulsar primer I typed up for someone before and hopefully it will help.

XQ = 384x288 thermal core resolution
          XP = 640x480 thermal core resolution

The the number behind the letters is the approximate objective lens size in mm. Example: XQ30 = 30mm, XP50 = 50mm etc.

Quantum Lite = Handheld thermals - budget friendly
          Helion = Handheld thermals - internal video recording, phone/table app, removable/rechargeable battery pack

Core FXQ = Clip on thermal

Core RXQ = Rifle scope - entry level, budget friendly
          Apex = Rifle scope - budget friendly, same image quality as the Trails, less features
          Trail = Rifle scope - internal video recording, phone/table app, removable/rechargeable battery pack
          --------------------------------------

If you want internal video recording, a removable rechargeable battery pack and/or wifi streaming to a phone/tablet app, buy the Trail. If you want the exact same image quality but without those 3 features, buy the Apex and save $800-$1,000. Also, the Apexes do have a video out port, so you can hook up an external DVR to record video for around $250 and Pulsar makes 2 external battery packs for them that range from $130-$150.

If you have any specific questions, just let me know. Also, feel free to call anytime. (877)350-1818

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
            Really don't want to read through 54 pages of info to get an answer if not necessary! Any recommendations for lower priced night vision monocular/binoculars? The Firefield 5x50 Nightfall 2 is calling my name at only $109 on Amazon but not sure if there is something better out there I should get instead.
            How far do you want to realistically see? All the Firefield, Sightmark, Night Owl, Night Eyes, Night....you get the point, they are all nice little units for seeing what the dog is barking at in the back yard or seeing if something is at your feeder under your bowstand before daylight but for spotting out past about 40-75 yards (depending on the unit) they aren't going to work well. I've tested all the Firefield and Sightmark units over the years, as well as a lot of others and while I won't call them junk, I will say they are pretty much toys. And that is no disrespect to Sightmark, they make lots of great optics, but these little cheap monoculars aren't suited well for real hunting/spotting for too much past bow range distances.

Again, if 40-75 yards is all you need, some of those units will do you just fine. Just don't expect to have the image quality and range of a $500 digital NV scope. The monoculars that are comparable in image quality and range to the good digital NV scopes are going to cost between $299 and $479. The brand new Sighmark Signal 320RT is a great little unit and for a little less the Pulsar DigiForce 860VS is a nice unit for the money if you don't need to see too much over 125-150 yards.

I'm not telling you not to buy one of the cheaper units. What I'm saying is, be prepared to get a NV optic worth $100, not $300+.

Jason

Comment

FYI, I've finally got some thermals and night vision scopes in stock. Not everything but a ton more than I've had in the last 5 months.

I've even got 1 Pulsar Trail XP50 available. If you are looking for something send me a PM or call me. (877)350-1818

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                Here is a Pulsar primer I typed up for someone before and hopefully it will help.

XQ = 384x288 thermal core resolution
                XP = 640x480 thermal core resolution

The the number behind the letters is the approximate objective lens size in mm. Example: XQ30 = 30mm, XP50 = 50mm etc.

Quantum Lite = Handheld thermals - budget friendly
                Helion = Handheld thermals - internal video recording, phone/table app, removable/rechargeable battery pack

Core FXQ = Clip on thermal

Core RXQ = Rifle scope - entry level, budget friendly
                Apex = Rifle scope - budget friendly, same image quality as the Trails, less features
                Trail = Rifle scope - internal video recording, phone/table app, removable/rechargeable battery pack
                --------------------------------------

If you want internal video recording, a removable rechargeable battery pack and/or wifi streaming to a phone/tablet app, buy the Trail. If you want the exact same image quality but without those 3 features, buy the Apex and save $800-$1,000. Also, the Apexes do have a video out port, so you can hook up an external DVR to record video for around $250 and Pulsar makes 2 external battery packs for them that range from $130-$150.

If you have any specific questions, just let me know. Also, feel free to call anytime. (877)350-1818

- Jason
                Thanks. I'm not sure I'm ready to buy one just yet, but when I do, I will certainly give you a call.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                  Thanks. I'm not sure I'm ready to buy one just yet, but when I do, I will certainly give you a call.
                  Thanks Jeff, when you get ready to discuss all the different models and have questions, feel free to call. I'm glad to answer all your questions with no pressure at all to buy.

- Jason

Comment

Huge shipment of FLIR PTS233's are on the way as well today. They will be in stock next week.

Jason

Comment

Flir's New Top-of-the-Line Thermal.. The PTS 736

Had a chance to hunt with the brand new Flir PTS 736 for the past few weeks. Had this unit mounted on my AR-10 .308 and shot many many rounds in several different hunting conditions. It was used in warm weather, cold weather, rain and clear skies. Here's my full review of the Flir PTS 736 with a few hunts mixed it. I'll also go through my likes and dislikes and here's alittle glimpse into the video... This is a great scope.... but for someone else, not me... and not for the type of hunting that I do here in East Texas.. and I'll let you know why...

https://youtu.be/k0DtShCg_A4

Comment

Originally posted by HansETX View Post
                        Had a chance to hunt with the brand new Flir PTS 736 for the past few weeks. Had this unit mounted on my AR-10 .308 and shot many many rounds in several different hunting conditions. It was used in warm weather, cold weather, rain and clear skies. Here's my full review of the Flir PTS 736 with a few hunts mixed it. I'll also go through my likes and dislikes and here's alittle glimpse into the video... This is a great scope.... but for someone else, not me... and not for the type of hunting that I do here in East Texas.. and I'll let you know why...

https://youtu.be/k0DtShCg_A4
                        Good review! Would be deadly on coyotes at 100-150 yards

Comment

Oh sweet baby Jesus my pulsar scope is on it’s way!!! Should be here by end of the day

All I gotta say (Besides HUGE thanks to Outdoor Legacy) is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                            Oh sweet baby Jesus my pulsar scope is on it’s way!!! Should be here by end of the day

All I gotta say (Besides HUGE thanks to Outdoor Legacy) is...
                            You are truly the King of Memes. I love it.

Comment

I try hand... I try... 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

I like it a whole lot.
                                We also offer a 10% off coupon code for all TBH members. Just send me a PM asking for the coupon code.

Comment

Working...
                                X