fletching rubbing riser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fletching rubbing riser

ive had my hoyt spyder for 3 months now and i noticed the rubber padding on riser just below my QAD HD drop rest is showing rub marks as the arrow leaves the string. The bottom right fletching is starting to tear a small groove in the ridges of the rubber, and one of the fletchings on an arrow is torn on the rear end.

Not sure exactly how the fletching got torn, but i cant decide if its something to be concerned about and worth a trip to the pro shop. I would think that the arrow should have no contact with riser. What do u guys think?

If the vanes are hitting the riser, the rest is not set up properly. It should be in line with the Berger hole when the rest is in the locked up position. Might be trip to the shop time!

Comment

double check yourself, put some lipstick on your vanes and shoot an arrow. If ur wife doesnt have any she will never use then make a quick trip to the dollar store and swallow your pride. If they are makeing contact like bowhuntntxn said make sure your rest is set up properly. If that doesnt fix it then just turn your cock vain out.

Comment

hahahah...i have a few other places id like to put my wife's lipstick while i have it out good tip though for sure. Thx. Will be checking that out on thursday.

Comment

Working...
        X